Trees look good, now for....?

MarkB356

I'm updating P3D 2.4 to 2.5 so I'm part way through reinstalling a huge number of addons and it's painful reading posts about trees, I can't wait to try 'em.  In the meantime, here's a simple question with probably a complicated answer: is a similar improvement possible for other types of autogen?  Regards, Mark

One thing id love is realistic rain as to me sometimes it looks a little silly, but maybe this is a limit to what can be done! Imagine the site of rain rushing off the wings ::)  ::) ::)  ::)  

The same limitation that prevents rain on the windshield--it has to be modeled on the individual airplane.  At least that's what I've been told.

One thing id love is realistic rain as to me sometimes it looks a little silly, but maybe this is a limit to what can be done! Imagine the site of rain rushing off the wings ::)  ::) ::)  ::)  

If you are still using the default rain textures, you  might want to check out PrecipitFX. I love it just for the fact it removes the "time warp tunnel" of rain when flying. But it enhances a lot of the weather and effects.

https://fsfxpackages.com/en/precipitFX/

"is a similar improvement possible for other types of autogen"

It's called FTX Global.  That's what Global is- a texture replacement...

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/61929-ftx-global-what-is-it-all-about/

I believe the op was speaking of autogen houses and buildings and not ground textures, at least that is how I read it.  Those autogen homes and buildings are what remind me how old this sim really is.  They look like toys quite often.  I love what Orbx does to the buildings around their detailed airports and would love an autogen replacement set similiar to this tree package, but can only assume it would bring the sim to its knees on most machines.  But one that impacts the FPS nill....?? That would be tops for sure!

Dan- 

I believe the op was speaking of autogen houses and buildings and not ground textures, at least that is how I read it.  Those autogen homes and buildings are what remind me how old this sim really is.  They look like toys quite often.  I love what Orbx does to the buildings around their detailed airports and would love an autogen replacement set similiar to this tree package, but can only assume it would bring the sim to its knees on most machines.  But one that impacts the FPS nill....?? That would be tops for sure!

Dan- 

Yes Dan, that's exactly what I meant.  FS Global is great but the trees look like an improvement, would be great to see the same with the rest of the autogen.  Guess that it would be a big job though!  Regards, Mark

Read it will you!   :banghead:  http://www.orbxsyste...s-it-all-about/

"TEXTURE (& Autogen) - What you see on the ground. A collection of textures which are stored almost like a library and applied to the landclass definitions. Autogen buildings and vegetation are assigned positions within the textures and show up when the textures do. The texture tiles are designed to be tiled together to cover large areas if needed."

From the FSS page-

• Total upgrade of your FSX or P3D!
  • Many new gorgeous ground textures
  • New autogen textures for buildings
  • 3D night lighting with zero FPS impact
  • Base landclass updated to enhance Asia etc.
  • Unlocks dormant M-tiles for perfect blending
  • Works with all 3rd party landclass products
  • Works with all 3rd party mesh products
  • Free service packs and patches from Orbx
  • Same sized textures as default
  • "Hybrid" mode for FTX Central regions
  • Expandable with Orbx openLC packs!

Read it will you!   :banghead:  http://www.orbxsyste...s-it-all-about/

Autogen buildings and vegetation are assigned positions within the textures and show up when the textures do.

This does not imply that all autogen buildings are optimized and improved upon.  The bullet on the FSS page seems misleading when compared to what is on Orbx's page.  I do not believe that all the autogen buildings are optimized and updated.  I still see the same tired houses and generic buildings all over my sim and I own global. 

You might want to chill and stop banging your head into the wall.  This is simply open discourse.  If it was explained clearly enough in the documentation for global, this discussion would not exist.  Perhaps orbx can step in and shed some light. 

-dan

How about Road traffic..the models are very hard on FPS..close up you can see they are very well done.

I'd like to see them dumbed down so i can have more of them.

I'm only running at 8% road traffic.so any improvement would be great.

steve

If we take this discussion to its logical conclusion, we are talking about scenery enhancements at the sub-molecular level--which I, for one, would love to see. Imagine going to an airport, enjoying the buildings and people and dogs and insects, then dropping down into subspace and watching the electrons whizz around! ;D

Archived