Receive error after installing Orbx Libraries FSX/P3Dv1 (Version 150215)

Hello all,

I recently installed Orbx Libraries FSX/P3Dv1 (Version 150215) from the Orbx support site. However, now after installing, I receive the attached error message whenever I launch FSX Steam. If I hit yes, FSX will crash less than a minute into the flight. I've also noticed that an FTX_AU directory was created in my ORBX folder even though I do not believe I have any AU regions.

Was this library intended only for those who have FTX_AU? Reading through the description on the site, I didn't see anything specific to FTX_AU and thought this was a general library update for FSX Steam? If I'm mistaken, is there a way to remove this installed library or correct the issue?

I greatly appreciate any support that could be offered. Thank you! 

post-33963-0-42869100-1428109347_thumb.p

Gday Mickey,

The ORBXlibs are installed into FSX/ORBX/FTX_AU (its a legacy left over from when we only made Australian stuff), so its perfectly OK

You should have got an updated Objectflow module for the steam version of FSX in the latest ORBXlibs, I'll ask Ed to drop in as I'm 100% on the procedure here

Hi Mickey,

That version of ObjectFlow is compatible with FSX:SE and shouldn't be crashing your sim. If so, this is the first report of it doing so and it is being used without any issues reported elsewhere. If the DLL was to crash the sim, it would not start at all i.e. get to the main welcome screen.

If you would like to uninstall the DLL, go to the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder and run the ModuleInstaller.exe file. You will be presented with the option to uninstall. Keep in mind that ObjectFlow is widely used at airports for displaying library objects.

I suspect that the cause for the crashing lies elsewhere.

Hi Mickey,

That version of ObjectFlow is compatible with FSX:SE and shouldn't be crashing your sim. If so, this is the first report of it doing so and it is being used without any issues reported elsewhere. If the DLL was to crash the sim, it would not start at all i.e. get to the main welcome screen.

If you would like to uninstall the DLL, go to the ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery folder and run the ModuleInstaller.exe file. You will be presented with the option to uninstall. Keep in mind that ObjectFlow is widely used at airports for displaying library objects.

I suspect that the cause for the crashing lies elsewhere.

Thanks for the responses! i think you are correct - I incorrectly attributed the crashing to the recently installed library (I now strongly believe it had to do with my overclock - I made one small change which I had forgotten to revert). My apologies for that!

However, I'm still receiving the error message every time I start FSX. Should I re-run the installer or did I use the wrong installer? 

Archived