FTX Central suddenly not opening

jorvik

Hi:  I have not flown with FTX for a couple of months, and have not installed any new FTX scenery or libraries since last flight using Orbx scenery.  I tried to open FTX today and got following message: " FSX not found at location point to by registry or NOo FSX entry found in the registry".  FTX Central remains frozen without opening.

FSX opens normally and appears to be fine.

Not sure how to troubleshoot this problem.Thanks for any help.

Same problem for me and noticed it after the installation of the new KSEZ scenery I bought today at FSS. After some trouble with the KSEZ scenery install process (un-wrapped after one hour or so...), I had to add the new scenery files manually to the Scenery.cfg and afterwards the KSEZ scenery is loaded Ok in my P3Dv2.4 setup, but now I cannot open FTX Central and get exactly the same error mentioned by JORVIK. I've also noticed that at the end of the KSEZ install process a "FTX Configurator" (?) error ocurred, and do not understand why.

Thanks for any help.

Edward

John:

Thanks for your suggestion.  I had a vague recollection about the registry fix tool but could not remember anything about it, or even where to find the installer.  I  will have a look for it and think about trying it, while awaiting any other suggestions.

Jorvik

Hi again, John:

I found the Registry Fix Tool.  Although it sounds as it should work, after running it, there is a message that registry has been fixed, althought the problem has not been fixed and there is a report that  " FSX not found at location point to by registry or No FSX entry found in the registry".

So I shall have to wait for further help.

Jorvik

Hi Jorvik,

Can you start a new command prompt (press start and type cmd), then right click -> paste in the following:

REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0" /v SetupPath

If that doesn't work, then paste this in:
REG QUERY "HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0" /v SetupPath

Let us know the results of executing these commands, it will tell us where your flight simulator is installed.

Ben

Hi, I finally solved the problem with opening FTX Central by cycling the Estonian Migration Tool EMT between enabled and disabled and left it enabled. After enabling EMT I reinstalled the latest FTX scenery that gave me the FTX Central error message and everything went back to normal.

Hope this helps,

Edward

Hi, and also installed the latest FTX Object Libraries just to make sure I was using the latest files for FTX Central.

Edward

Hi Ben:

Thanks for the reply and suggestions.  I tried to follow your suggestions to locate where FSX is installed but I must not be entering the command correctly and not geting any response except a "reg" file in Sys32.

Here is a bit more information which might help you.  I know exactly where FSX is installed;  here is the pathway to fsx.exe:   "C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx".  FSX tself is working very well and there are no other issues with programs like GEX  and Active Sky which need to commmunicate with FSX.

Furthermore, before I got your email, I tried using theReghistry Fix Tool from Orbx.  After opening it , browsing to the location of FSC and then running the tool, I get the following message:   <Current registry entry    "C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe" "%1">

Finally, Ihave not installed any new Orbx sceneries for several months, the last Orbx library I did install is 141228, and I have not tried to use the version 2 beta of FTX Central.

I am grateful for your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Jorvik

Hi Nick :

Thanks for the suggestion.  Does the TweakFS Reg Utility do something which the Orbx Registry Fix Tool does not do?   Also, I am not sure exactly which registry entry I am either adding or repairing.  Can you be a bit more specific (I am always wary when I contemplate doing anything related to The Registry)?

Thanks again.

Hi again, Nick:

I have tried using the TweakFS utility as you suggested un the last screen shot.  I selected the approporiate FSX Root Folder, entered it in the window, then checked off the Option-Current User Box.  so far, so good. For the final step, i clicked Set FSX Path, and  this gives me a message "The selected path is already recorded in the registry, continue?" 

I did not know whether I should continue (?overwriting or duplicating an existing entry).  I could not find any instructions in the help manual.  Can yo help me here?

Cheers. 

Jorvik

It doesn't make any difference, if the path is there, there is nothing to do.

What you can do is follow lthendrix' advice above and install the latest library.

Before you do, make sure that the installer is also pointing at the correct

FSX location.

Hi Nick:

I think I found the problem. There is an incorrect registry pathway for the reg pathway HKEY LOCAL machinbe;  I do not know if I am attaching the image correctly.  It looks as if I need to overwrite an reg entry with a correct pathway and I am not sure how to do this.  Let me know if you can view my screen shot.   I am unsure how to use the Reg Utility to correct the problem.  Any suggestions?

Jorvik

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/sMJ

Nick:

I tried to install the latest Orbx libary, but it insists on installing to the incorrect folder (in fact, one which is non-existent), and does not offer an option to browse for the fsx directory.  I am still not sure how to correct the bad registry entry which the registry tool identifies. 

Jorvik

Hi Nick:

I think I found the problem. There is an incorrect registry pathway for the reg pathway HKEY LOCAL machinbe;  I do not know if I am attaching the image correctly.  It looks as if I need to overwrite an reg entry with a correct pathway and I am not sure how to do this.  Let me know if you can view my screen shot.   I am unsure how to use the Reg Utility to correct the problem.  Any suggestions?

Jorvik

http://fsfiles.org/flightsimshotsv2/image/sMJ

Hi Jorvik,

In the image you uploaded there is a "Set Path" tab which will let you change the location to the correct folder. If that doesn't work I can give you some more detailed instructions on how to change it using the registry editor.

Ben

Hi Ben:

Many thanks for the help.  I was going to wait until tomorrow (my time) but decided not to wait.  I was not sure whether anything I did would mess up the registry.  With your encouragement,  I held my breath and to my great surprise, everything worked; FTX Central opened without a pause, and the new Library installed in a  couple of seconds

So thanks very, very much.

Jorvik

P.S.   My only disappointment is that I will not have the benefit of your instructions for using the registry editor;  perhaps you can offer me a rain check for that experience.

Archived