Taxiway and ramp textures disappearing when viewed from certain angles

Ben77

Hi,

I am experiencing disappearing taxiway and ramp textures when viewed from certain angles but only in the three Central Rocky Mountains payware airports, Bozeman, West Yellowstone and Jackson Hole. 

For example I would be taxiing along when my field of view passes through a specific direction the textures disappear.

3B9nIIt.jpg

Larger Image http://i.imgur.com/Rd16ADy.jpg

This occurs both inside the cockpit and from the outside view in which elevation angle can effect this as well. 

I noticed this today after installing Bozeman for the first time, not to say that this is the cause as I haven't flown in the Central Rockies for a while anyway.

I've tried deselecting Bozeman from the scenery library as well as reinstalling CRM to patch 4, latest libraries and running vector configurator all to no avail. Testing at other airports such as Palm Springs and Redding are not affected. 

Thanks

Sorry I can't help you, but I have had similar problems with a few airports in NCA. I noted them in the forums but never got a reply. So you are not alone, but I hope you have better luck.

I just came across a youtube video of a podcast Jarrad Marshall did a few days ago about his latest release airport Sedona and he mentions something about problems with high elevation airports, specifically Bozeman, West Yellowstone and Jackson Hole so maybe this has something to do with it?!? Anyway apparently they're working on a solution although it's a rather difficult issue.

G'day Ben,

Sorry you are having this issue - something I've never come across before with these airports (to my knowledge). I do remember an instance a couple of years ago where a user had problems with ground polys at other airports (a couple of PNW ones from memory), however the symptoms were a little different and likely not related. 

This will be punching in the dark a little bit, but some diagnostic tests to run to see if they solve the problem:

1. Make sure your FSX scenery settings match our recommendations (found in the user guide). Specifically check that your mesh is set to 5m. 

2. Delete your FSX.cfg (after making a backup to revert to later). FSX will build a new one when you reboot the sim, and this will remove any tweaks/hacks that may be possibly causing issues with the ground terrain.

3. If you run in DX10 mode, try testing in DX9 mode. 

4. If these don't yield a result, it may possibly be a graphics card issue, though it's hard to be sure. 

In relation to my comments RE high elevation airports (KJAC/KBZN etc), these issues aren't related to ground polys and are only applicable to P3D2, so won't be the cause of your issues. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

PS - as an unrelated issue, for KJAC you are missing part of the photoreal area - have a read up here on how to fix it.  

Sorry to take so long but I wanted to be sure......

Seems like recycling the DX10 fixer off and on again has solved the disappearing texture issue I was having.

I also reinstalled Jackson Hole with the 3 installers and am getting complete coverage of the Teton Range in photoreal too.

Thanks again Jarrad,

Cheers

Ben

Archived