Scenery Question?

CDreier

P3D 2.5 Professional

Do my add on airports go to the very top of the scenery library - higher priority than my FTX/ORBX objects?  In other words, keep all the structure of my exisiting library intact as far as ORBX is concerned but only move the airports above ORBX?

Just remember that anytime you install another ORBX region, airport, service pack, update, libraries etc... the scenery library will re-order itself and put your airports below the ORBX entries.

Sorry...I have not found that to be the case.  I have Don Grovestine's 6 British Columbia airports and they have remained above the Orbx sceneries no matter how many times I have run FTX Central.  The same goes for Vancouver+ and Vic+.

Stew

Stew,

You mean run FTX Central to switch between regions, yes I agree that does not re-order the scenery library.

But when you "install another ORBX region, airport, service pack, update, libraries etc"  this will cause the scenery library to re-order.

Mark

Stew,

You mean run FTX Central to switch between regions, yes I agree that does not re-order the scenery library.

But when you "install another ORBX region, airport, service pack, update, libraries etc"  this will cause the scenery library to re-order.

Mark

Mark, I just recently installed KPSP, S93, and PAHO, and Grovestine's 6 BC airports still remained at the top of the heap, even after running the OrbxLibs.  Maybe it's because they all start with "C"?  But then why do Vancouver+ and Vic+ still appear above the Orbx entries?  Of course, KPSP, S93 and PAHO were all properly inserted in their (alphabetic) order in the Orbx list of sceneries.  Maybe I'm not understanding something here??

Stew

Stew,

On my system every time I install a new ORBX product including the OrbxLibs the scenery.cfg file is re-ordered to have ORBX on top, and sorted alphabetically within the ORBX products.

I've also installed other airports that are higher (alphabetically) than ORBX like "FlightBeam San Francisco International" and I place them higher in priority, but they seem to get shuffled to just below the last entry for ORBX, in my case that is "FTX_NA_PNW08_CUSTOM".  I would rather have your situation because I have forgotten to verify the order and then I'll have to stop my flight and correct the order and then re-start the flight.

Mark

Mark,  I seem to remember having a similar problem several months ago, when I first started installing Orbx scenery.  Have you set an "insertion point" in FTX Central?  Usually it's the AddOn Scenery entry where some of your third party scenery is installed by their various installers (like Grovestine's BC airports, for example).  Setting the insertion point at AddOn Scenery insures all Orbx scenery is inserted above this point.  I don't know if this is a solution to your scenery "re-ordering" problem, but it's worth a try, if you haven't already done so.  Then run OrbxLibs and see what happens.

Stew

Holger, Stew,

Thank you for the information I've followed the instructions in the link that was sent, and.... it works. 

Mark

Yes, it does!  Glad you got it sorted, Mark.  From now on, everything should install the way you want it to.

Archived