Problem with the unwrapping of the installer for KRDD Redding

Euan Emblin

Hello

I have twice downloaded, from 2 different servers, the new triple installer. After inputting my personal details the process of unwrapping the installer begins and goes to 75% each time but then sticks at that and does not complete. I have a good number of Orbx sceneries and haven't encountered this problem before.

Thanks for your assistance

You're sure that you unpacked all three files to a temporary place? The sizes should be like this:

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.exe  - 519,180 KB

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.2 - 512,000 KB

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.3 - 8,397 KB

Having no luck with this at all. All the sceneries below I downloaded  and installed without issue, they all unwrapped and installed correctly the first time and I didn't even use a third party download manager. The built-in Win7 utility was sufficient each time.

The only thing that is different is that the KRDD Redding Municipal was bought last year when the version was at P3D v1. I waited until today to install the airport which I had bought months ago by error.

So I have tried the different servers and with/without a third party download manager. Every time the behaviour is identical. The unwrapper proceeds to first @50% and then swiftly moves to @75% where it sticks and refuses to move further. On much larger files this would have taken a few minutes but would eventually complete properly. Today the unwrapper simply refuses to complete.

Any further assistance much appreciated and thank you to all who already replied.

That's very strange indeed. Looks like something weird is happening when processing OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.2

Do you have a realtime virus checker? Maybe disabling the antivirus programm temporarily helps.

Strange indeed. Did you guys compare checksums? There are free checksum calculation and comparison programs/Websites available. I used one once when in need to detect while the file size was correct the checksum wasn't.

Just to please you: I decompressed and re-installed Redding a second time, again without issues.

Kind regards, Michael

How big is your SSD? and how much free space is available on it? "Oodles and oodles" does not provide the answer. :)

No it doesn't, but the following clause referring to over 250 gb does. That is not the size of the SSD but the amount of residual space.

You're sure that you unpacked all three files to a temporary place? The sizes should be like this:

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.exe  - 519,180 KB

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.2 - 512,000 KB

OrbxFTXNAKRDD110.3 - 8,397 KB

Yes, those are the values I have too.

G'day Euan,

I'm not an expert on the FSS digital wrapper, but there have been instances recently (with other ORBX products) where some installations hang at a certain point for quite some time. If you haven't already, I'd suggest running the KRDD installer and leaving it for an hour or more, and see if it follows all the way through to 100%. It's a long shot, but if you are short of ideas that would be my recommendation.

Cheers,

Jarrad

Thank you Jarrad, that did the trick. The unwrapping of the installer took 50 minutes to complete after having been stuck at the 75% point for about 48 of those. Something to remember for the future then. ::)

But this is odd, and there should be a reason.There is a point where the installer hangs, perhaps for a minute or so. I just can't imagine your machine being 50-times slower than mine. You would have a framerate of .4 in this case  :mellow:

Kind regards, Michael

Archived