installer asks for disc two?..its a download version

hi all,

i just downlaoded version "130" of global,now the installer goes all out but gets to a certin point and wants me to incert "disc two"....what??? its a download from flightsim store..i dont have a disc.....wait..this happened with my attempt earlier today as well with my previously downloaded version "110".this is when i downloaded vs 130,and it happened again..

BTW   i had just wiped my PC hard drive clean and started all over so i could have a nice clean install of steam/ FSX.SE/and all my wonderfull Orbx files,all of which are downloaded from flightsim store...

why is this thing asking for disc two?...i mean id be happy to incert disc two.....if i had one.... :blink:

• 4 weeks later...

Double clicking the zip file simply shows you a preview of what's inside the zip file... It looks like it opened a folder, but in fact it's simply a viewer for the contents.

Running the installer from within that preview window may appear to work, but once the installer is done with the first data file and looks for the second ("disk 2"), it looks for a decompressed data file... but as this just a compressed preview, it does not exist... It has not yet been decompressed. Hence the installer will ask for you to provide "disk 2".

That's why we ask users to fully decompress the zip file into a separate folder, then open that folder and run the installer from there... That way the data files are decompressed and ready to be found.

thank you.. i was really surprised at this...i have no idea why it works this way...can you enlighten me?

Installing directly form 7wzip, WinZip etc. only works if you have just one file (and enough temporary space). If a file is bigger than 1 GB it often needs to be split up - at that point you have to decompress the files first for the reasons Rob has already detailed above.

Archived