Melbourne Ground Texture

WacUK

Hi Adam,

Can you tell us more about settings (in FSX and FTX Central) you were using when you did the capture ?

Did you also install latest ORBXlibs ?

You should set your mesh settings to 100% and 5m resolution.

Also raise texture resolution to 7cm.

What about FTX Central, did you switch to Oceania mode after ORBXlibs installation ?

Concerning stutters, it may be a Windows core problem such as .NET so make updates with Windows Update.

"You should set your mesh settings to 100% and 5m resolution.

Also raise texture resolution to 7cm."

I have made the change as requested, still the ground texture looks like the original screen shot.

"What about FTX Central, did you switch to Oceania mode after ORBXlibs installation ?"

Yes, FTX Central is set to Oceania.

"Concerning stutters, it may be a Windows core problem such as .NET so make updates with Windows Update."

I run the windows update once a month, I've just ran it again and my machine is up to date, nothing available.

Hello,

I have set the water as requested.

Within the YMML CP I started by turning everything off, but even with everything disabled the ground texture still looks like my original screen shot.

I did find however that by increasing the texture resolution slider to max the airport ground markings are better (although not great), but the ground texture still looks like grass.

Hi,

I've tried your nVidia Inspector settings, made no difference.

My System specifications are as follows -

Windows 7 Home Premium 64Bit

Intel i5-2500K 3.3GHz Overclocked to 4.5Ghz

Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 Motherboard

4xKingston HyperX Genesis DDR3 1600MHz CL9 4GB DIMM Memory Module

2xCrucial SSD M4 256GB, 1xWD Raptor 150GB & 1xWD 640GB

2xEVGA GeForce GTX 780Ti 3072MB GDDR5 SLI

Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 PCI-Express Sound Card

EVGA Supernova 1200 P2

I have also tried this scenery with P3Dv2 and still the same problem, I have also spoken to a friend who owns the scenery and he tell's me his is the same - grass textures.

Could REX4 or the FTX Australia SP4 scenery be affecting this??

It's not that they are grass textures, but if I remember rightly this is a photoreal texture at YMML which looks exactly as in Wolter's screenshot. If your scenery looks like Wolter's, then basically there is nothing wrong with your install.

If you Google YMML and have a look at the satellite picture in Google maps (or Google Earth), you can clearly see the greenish tint on the aprons.

Hope this helps.

Jack

I have tried changing the detail1.bmp and even switching it off, when switched off the grass affect goes but the scenery is still very blurred.

I'm at the point where I'm gonna give up on this scenery, shame it's not up to the usual excellent ORBX standard.

Could you please advise how I uninstall it, thanks.

There is one possibility that hasn't been mentioned yet:  Years ago users reported that FSX performance was worse when video cards were used in SLI configuration.  The recommendation was to only have a single video card for FSX.  I have no idea whether that advice is still current but it might be worth exploring.  Also, could you post a new screenshot, perhaps copy one of Wolter's, to show us how much improved the new settings are?  Also, try reverting back to DX9 and see if that makes any difference.  And if you haven't already, change the scenery complexity to the highest setting.

Nothing wrong with that detail!  Now you just need to fid a sweet spot.

I loaded a flight at Melbourne in the hang glider and had good performance with similar detail on my mid-range machine.  

I know that if you have a complex aircraft such as the PMDG offerings and even many of the high range GA aircraft, frame rates can become quite low if detail is kept high.  Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it, other than wait until computers catch up with the potential inherent in the scenery.

The message is, there's nothing wrong with the scenery as such, but how hard you want to drive it will determine the performance that you get.

Easiest option is to untick the FTXAA_YMML entry in your FSX scenery library.  Then you can fly around the default YMML while still having the option of restoring the ORBX version with a click of the mouse.

Okay all is well now that FTX YMML has been removed, I even tried a flight from this airport before I removed it, my sim got an out of memory error just taxing to the active runway, something seriously wrong with my installation of this scenery.

This can now be marked as solved, if you have problems with FTX YMML, just remove it, simples!

Archived