Strange appearance at The Rock

nandrews

I was happy posting the following image in another thread, to show The Rock (at Gibraltar) albeit with some odd effects which I was going to accept.

But it was pointed out as being quite wrong and should be covered in trees with no sideways buidings and blocks sticking out from the rock!

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Thanks

Nigel

2bac25.jpg

I have Aerosoft´s Gibraltar, so there is more detail around. But still, I also have some generic textures on the Rock which do not belong there.

Perhaps you find more confirmation if you search the word "Gibraltar" here in the forum.

Hi Nigel

Did you run the Vector AEC tool after you installed the mesh?

Here are the five basics I do regularly and especially after every scenery change:

Set FTX Central to Global and put a check in the Hybrid mode box, then click apply.

Make sure mesh resolution is set at 5m.

Reinstall the latest Orbx libs.

Do a scenery cache flush.

Run the Auto AEC tool in Vector after every scenery change.

Here is what mine looks like:

TheRock.png
     TheRock1.png

Doug

Doug,

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant.

Thanks so much. As you can see it made all the diference. I was beginning to dispair again of ever getting this to look right.

7aefba.jpg

I will keep your instructions to use the next time I install

Thanks again

Nigel

Hi Doug,

When looking your shots in post n # 4, there is a striking difference in texture (landclass) using the FTX Globa hybrid mode.

See, with hybrid mode, your post n # 4 here in this thread;

Now, see, without hybrid mode, my post n # 38 in thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/93454-terrain-mesh-2010/page-2

It's just a curiosity, because the region is the FTX Global!

It seems that the hybrid mode choose another type of landclass!

Cheers,

Hi Doug,

When looking your shots in post n # 4, there is a striking difference in texture (landclass) using the FTX Globa hybrid mode.

See, with hybrid mode, your post n # 4 here in this thread;

Now, see, without hybrid mode, my post n # 38 in thread: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/93454-terrain-mesh-2010/page-2

It's just a curiosity, because the region is the FTX Global!

It seems that the hybrid mode choose another type of landclass!

Cheers,

Good observation! Interesting eh!

• 2 weeks later...

There seem to be "swings and roundabouts" with this new mesh.

I flew to Saint Barthélemy before adding FS Global 2010 and though I saw buildings on their side etc. I did see a harbour with ships.

Now I fly it and OK I see decent land features, there is no harbour and just 2 buildings out in the water.

I also have aquired a large triangular 'boom' off the Northern coast!

I have run Doogles procedure again, though I've not added any scenery (just the A2A 172 Trainer)

I still don't feel comfortable continuing my RTW trip because I worry I am not getting all I should from this scenery.

I worry that I will get halfway round and someone will point out a setting error and I will have to refly it all to see it as it should be!

2015-3-15_12-24-10-468.jpg

2015-3-15_12-22-0-452.jpg

Archived