North America AI Traffic not working in P3D

ba43

I used to be able to see the fine NA AI traffic done by Graham in P3D v2.4 but since I've upgraded to 2.5, it's no longer working. In fact it doesn't even show up in the sim.

I know that LM changed the folder structure around so I'm wondering if that might be the cause? I really would like to add the GA plans back from this package and could sure use a step by step installation guide if possible so I can get this package working.

Thank you,

Brad

Hi Brad,

I've been using the NA AI pack in P3D 2.5 without issues. Are you sure the settings are correct in the Control Panel in FTX Central? Which airport are you testing at? I'll check and see if I get traffic there...

BTW, nice to see the RTMM site back up, I had problems getting in the past few days.

Tym

I'm not seeing the NA Traffic in the North America regions that RTMM flies in which is SAK, PFJ, PNW. Tongass Fjords too.

I'm only seeing default AI Traffic.

I'm using P3D 2.5.

Thanks

I'm getting Orbx AI traffic in PNW and PFJ (AFAIK the package does not cover SAK), and the TongassX AI traffic is there, too. Can you check if you have the correct traffic files (Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl and Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Full Call Signs.bgl for Orbx) in your \Prepar3D v2\Scenery\World\scenery\ directory. One should have OFF at the end, depending on your FTX AI Control Panel settings, but not both. I assume you are using the latest version of the AI pack (http://myftx.com/orbxfreeware/FTXP3D2NAGAAITraffic1.2.zip)?

You can also check \Prepar3D v2\SimObjects\Airplanes\ to see if the models are there (FTX NA Beechcraft BE36, etc.), but the strange thing is that Tongass traffic is also missing. I also presume that if you had FS9 traffic files interfering, the default traffic wouldn't show either.

If the files are there but it's still not working, maybe try making a post in the P3D2 support forum, too. Hopefully it'll get a response from the team...

Tym

Okay, I've checked on some things and here's where I stand. I only fly inside the regions of PNW, PFJ, SAK and Tongass Fjords. Nowhere else in P3D 2.5.

I have NOT installed the hotfix that came out recently with P3D 2.5!

The FTX NA Traffic is installed in P3D. That is the ONLY AI Traffic that I have installed.

There are seven files from FTX NA in /scener/world/scenery folder and they are:

Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic Off File.bgl.OFF,

Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl

Traffic_FTX NA GA Traffic_Full Call Signs.bgl.OFF

Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets Off File.bgl.OFF

Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets_Abbrev Call Signs.bgl

Traffic_FTX NA Large Business Jets_Full Call Signs.bgl.OFF

and

trafficAircraft.bgl.DISABLED-FOR-FTX-AI

In my SimObjects/Airplanes folder I see the FTX NA Aircraft and all files are present inside each of the individual aircraft type folders. Textures, aircraft.cfg, different .air files, etc. All there.

I had Traffic 360 working in 2.4. Tried it in 2.5 and while it showed all traffic objects, the schedules didn't really display a lot of AI Traffic activity. Most of the aircraft just stayed parked at the gates all day. This was at big airports like KATL, KORD, KDFW, etc. The commercial carriers were there but not a lot going on really.

I deleted Traffic 360 and removed all traces of any other traffic files from scenery/world/scenery folder before installing FTX NA Traffic in P3D 2.5. Right now, all that's in there is the FTX NA traffic files I listed above. When I look at  "Views" and look at the AI Traffic nearby, all I see is one Kingair and one Baron at KAKE airport. Sitting on the tarmac.

Wit's End!! >:(

Brad

Hi Brad,

perhaps you don't have the updates installed as only they add GA AI traffic to the PFJ region: https://www.fullterrain.com/freeware/ai. Then again, if you do see default AI aircraft at KAKE even though your default "trafficAircraft.bgl" file is deactivated then those aircraft probably are those of the PFJ traffic file.

Cheers, Holger

I checked at Kake (PAFE) and did get the two 'dormant' planes (Baron and KingAir), plus quite a lot of traffic further away from the airport (I have GA traffic density at 50%). While I was checking out the other planes, the KA finally started rolling. I also have the default AI traffic disabled, so these must have been from one of the add-on packs (their flight plans were PAFE-PAFE, so they're probably not from PFJ). Have you tried at one of the more traffic-intensive areas, e.g. PNW (you should get quite a lot of AI movement at places like KORS or KBVS)?

Tym

• 4 weeks later...

Well, a month has passed almost and still not seeing any FTX AI traffic in P3D. I had to do a complete re-install of P3D and started with a clean installation. Still, not seeing the FTX AI Aircraft showing up at any of the airports. I've scanned my system using AIFP for any rogue FS9 files and I'm happy to report that there aren't any.

But still, not sure why I'm unable to enjoy the NA Traffic from FTX in P3D 2.5 at all.

Brad

• 2 weeks later...

Are you using any of the shipping ai packages for the region? I am having the same issues with traffic in 2.5. If I install traffic ai packages then my ships disappear. I can't figure out what the issue is with 2.5. I would rather have the ships in the PNW regions then the ai air traffic. I wonder if there is a way to install the ai traffic bgls in seperate folders and then add them to the scenery from the control panel within the sim itself. Thanks

Rob

Archived