S43 Harvey Field - Triple Installer - Prepar3Dv2.5.

Wonderful! Great moody pics, Mark. And great conversion work, Alex. I always loved the work of Heiko/Andreas for its incredible detail. I guess that Monroe is not far off now. Will there be the choo choo train between these airfields in P3D as well?

This is the closest airfield to my house (actually in a tie with Paine Field) so I can't wait! Although I hope it performs better; it was one of my furious five in FSX for toughness on my CPU.

The Control Panel for this field gives a vast array of options, so you can tune it to meet your own demands, whether that be all the visual bells & whistles, such a dense veg and animated trees etc. or for the best performance, by turning some of these features off.... you can have a heck of a lot going on here, if you so wish.

I guess it is the close vicinity to Seattle (and FTX Monroe) that makes it quite demanding fps wise.

Skagit and Anacortes are also head-to-head sceneries like Harvey and Monroe - but far away from Seattle.

The Control Panel for this field gives a vast array of options, so you can tune it to meet your own demands, whether that be all the visual bells & whistles, such a dense veg and animated trees etc. or for the best performance, by turning some of these features off.... you can have a heck of a lot going on here, if you so wish.

Of course, which is why I always had to run it with most things off. Statics on (so AI could be disabled- huge in that area!) and maybe birds flying and pretty much everything else unchecked and Monroe disabled while I was there. My system is stronger than when I last flew there, but I'll be curious, esp. since you didn't come out and say it performed better. Israel's Farm performs much better on my P3D setup, so I can hope. Service pack items like high performance grass options to known "CPU-intensive" airports are always appreciated (see TVL SP). That said, it is a lovely airport with the unique red and white hangars and I still can't wait!

I guess it is the close vicinity to Seattle (and FTX Monroe) that makes it quite demanding fps wise.

Skagit and Anacortes are also head-to-head sceneries like Harvey and Monroe - but far away from Seattle.

Yes, Anacortes was always the absolute hardest on the my system, so much so that I was never able to make a passable video there, despite its beauty (and believe me, I tried several times). Skagit was hard, but ok as long as Anacortes was disabled, and I made quite a few videos there. For all these places I am curious as to how my current system will stack up.

That's odd, I never once had perfomance issues at both Skagit or Anacortes. I reinstalled them both again recently on a new laptop running FSX:SE under Win8.1 and they both ran smooth as butter, and with all sliders maxed at 3880x1800 res.

That's odd, I never once had perfomance issues at both Skagit or Anacortes. I reinstalled them both again recently on a new laptop running FSX:SE under Win8.1 and they both ran smooth as butter, and with all sliders maxed at 3880x1800 res.

I could never accomplish that there. Like I said, Skagit was ok for me, but I could never get Anacortes to perform satisfactorily, which is why it is completely absent from my video library despite my love for that area and numerous tries. Some legacy airports have performed significantly better on my current P3D system than they did on my FSX setup, so I am hoping for that. Most of the more recent airports have a much higher level of performance balance for the level of detail as emphasized in the marketing materials and in fact, reality. One only has to look back at these forums to see that some airports had a disproportionate amount of performance-related commentary. Harvey (along with Anacortes, Monroe, Skagit for many, J-Co, Squamish and Israel's Farm) falls into that category. This is in no way is a black mark on ORBX. Of the elite developers of high-end scenery (and in reality they number very few), none are completely free of products with performance issues- it is part of being on the bleeding edge and frankly, those from ORBX are largely legacy products like these just now being converted. In fact, the only legacy airport on that list above that has been converted thus far (WA56), did see significant improvements in P3D for me. The airports where I didn't see major fps improvements were the ones that performed well in the first place.

I don't like to make too many statements regarding performance, as there are so many variables....

I don't fly with the frame counter running, particularly when taking screenshots, but I never take these images running the sim like a slide show, just to make them look good.... it would drive me nuts. For day-to-day flying I might dial back some of P3D's shadows (I don't make too many compromises otherwise) to keep at, or close to, my 30fps lock, but I have -at very best- a mid range system.

I don't like to make too many statements regarding performance, as there are so many variables....

I don't fly with the frame counter running, particularly when taking screenshots, but I never take these images running the sim like a slide show, just to make them look good.... it would drive me nuts. For day-to-day flying I might dial back some of P3D's shadows (I don't make too many compromises otherwise) to keep at, or close to, my 30fps lock, but I have -at very best- a mid range system.

I'm looking forward to it. :)

Archived