How do I find Emo Mission?

birdguy

I have installed Emo Mission (twice and I do have AYPA installed) but I cannot find it the usual way.  GoTo Airport doesn't display either AYEO or Elmo Mission.  When I run AFX and enter AYEO it displays nothing.  What am I doing wrong?

Noel

I have installed Emo Mission (twice and I do have AYPA installed) but I cannot find it the usual way.  GoTo Airport doesn't display either AYEO or Elmo Mission.  When I run AFX and enter AYEO it displays nothing.  What am I doing wrong?

Noel

Hi Noel,

No headache: go to these coordinates! -_-

S9° 7.34'

E148° 2.56'

Altitude: +2198

Cheers,

Thanks Guys.  I found it using the coordinates.  I've created a startup flight there so I can easily find it again.

Runway reminds me of one in Maljamar New Mexico.  A guy services oil field equipment on site and has a C185 with beefed up gear.  His private runway starts at the door of his hangar and runs up a hill.  He takes off and lands uphill because the town and it's Main Street are at the bottom of the runway.  I mentioned the beefed up gear on his 182.  The nose wheel strut if off a Piper Aztec.

Noel

Noel

The challenge is flying the valley, finding Emo Mission (AYEO) and then managing to land there in one piece.  I believe that was the jest of this "mission," not just simply placing your aircraft there and flying off into the wild blue yonder.  I flew over it and missed AYEO the first attempt, and then crashed a couple of times before I successfully landed there.  Once I had succeeded in landing at AYEO, I felt justified in saving the flight at the location of Emo Mission for future flights.  Don't cheat yourself out of the fun and challenge of this "mission."

I find that once I'm there and fly out it's easier to fly back in. I do the same with the RTTM airports and seaplane bases in southern Alaska.

I have a couple hundred flights saved at various airports around the world.

Noel

Archived