OOM problems in YMML, YMEN and YBBN

Fischkopp

I have serious problems with YMML (Melbourne IntN.), YMEN (Melbourne Essendon) and YBBN (Brisbane).

I have just installed the three airports on P3D V2.5 and found that it is impossible to fly these three airports . As soon as I try, my memory consumption jumps from 1.6 GB up to 3.3 GB and P3D increases with an OOM.

This problem occurs even when loading if I want to boot from one of the three airports.

I know, that I am not alone with these problems so I wanted to ask if a revision of the three airports is planned?

Hi Wolter,

yes, if I disable one of both airports or screw down my scene settings very far, then it works without OOM.

But that can not be the solution. So I wanted to ask only,. wether a revision of the two airports is planned for the future.

No revisions are planned for those airports.

Considering they were released years ago and the original developers have moved on, there are no resources currently available to investigate.

I'll ask our testing group to check YMML and YMEN out as they have been ported and report if they see any OOM issues.

I have P3D - and have YMML (and YBBN but for FSX).

Both of them are veritable resource hogs - even with much of the eye-candy disabled. Gorgeous to look at, but almost "unflyable".

Some of the Aussie airports really are getting on a bit (as Ed says) ... and I think ORBX have moved forward a lot since then, with optimising their sceneries etc. I wish there was an easy/quick fix for some of these older areas - especially when  they're so attractive. Dream on!

I suppose ORBX are chasing the money (can't blame them) - and going for USA, Canada and Europe - where I presume more customers live! A shame really, as it looks like people like me at the bottom end of the world will just have to drool over areas we've never been to (or likely to go to!) :(

@Ed - did Auckland/NZAA get canned?

Adam.

I have P3D - and have YMML (and YBBN but for FSX).

Both of them are veritable resource hogs - even with much of the eye-candy disabled. Gorgeous to look at, but almost "unflyable".

Some of the Aussie airports really are getting on a bit (as Ed says) ... and I think ORBX have moved forward a lot since then, with optimising their sceneries etc. I wish there was an easy/quick fix for some of these older areas - especially when  they're so attractive. Dream on!

I suppose ORBX are chasing the money (can't blame them) - and going for USA, Canada and Europe - where I presume more customers live! A shame really, as it looks like people like me at the bottom end of the world will just have to drool over areas we've never been to (or likely to go to!) :(

@Ed - did Auckland/NZAA get canned?

Adam.

At the moment NZAA is on hold, we have the source development files, but that's all I can say for now.

At the moment NZAA is on hold, we have the source development files, but that's all I can say for now.

Thanks, Ed - I thought so. It's been in the holding pattern for so long I thought it had run out of fuel :lol: :lol: :lol:

Adam.

Archived