Friday Harbor filled with forest

ncngrr

Upon removing FSX-Classic (boxed version) and replacing it with FSX-Steam Edition, I made a few simple default flights around Friday Harbor in the Ultratrike.  First flights were with default FSX scenery.  No problem.  I then installed ORBX Global, Vector, and Pacific Northwest.  Another flight around Friday Harbor in the Ultratrike.  Looks much better.

I then went through the process of re-installing all of my ORBX products (CRM, Pacific Fjords, Northern California, KHQM, other ORBX airports). 

Started FSX-SE, went back to Friday Harbor and the harbor is completely filled with a forest.  Not a drop of water in sight.  Went to Bowerman (KHQM)... same thing.

Used the PNW User Manual and adjusted all of the FSX sliders accordingly.  No change.

What did I do wrong?  How do I fix it?

Thanks.

Scott

Colorado Springs

Update: 

1. I downloaded/installed the latest ORBXLIBS

2. At some point in the process of installing the remainder of the ORBX products, FTX Central tells me (3 times I have to click "OK" before it moves on), "Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section"

3. I began a flight at KSFO and the Pacific Ocean and San Francisco Bay look like grassy prairies, so it doesn't appear to be limited to the Pacific Northwest.

Thanks.

Scott

Update:

I trust you now see my signature with FTX product information.  Please let me know if you don't.

I moved all of the scenery sliders back to about halfway.  That didn't appear to change anything.

I installed Pacific Fjords today and started a flight at Bella Coola.  Trees littered the runway.

I went to FTC Central and changed from North America to Global.  Went back to mid-flight in the ultralight at Friday Harbor.  This time there was water, but it was littered with trees.

Thanks.

Scott

2. At some point in the process of installing the remainder of the ORBX products, FTX Central tells me (3 times I have to click "OK" before it moves on), "Terrain.cfg has no [LandClasses] section"

I suspect that the terrain.cfg file has become corrupt.

This topic explains how to repair it.

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/79004-resolving-rapid-ground-texture-morphing/

I followed the directions in the linked article.

After copying the backup copy of terrain.cfg into the FSX directory, I went to FTX Central.  No more missing Terrain.cfg messages.  Went to Friday Harbor; it looks a lot more like a harbor.  Went to Bella Coola, no more trees on the runway.  Went to San Francisco; San Francisco Bay looks just like a large body of water.

Thanks!

Scott

Archived