Norway aiports errors

seby.h

Hello I have found quite a few errors at airports in my installation of FTX Norway. I have only just purchased Norway and have not flown around much but I am guessing something gone wrong with my install.

I set FTX central to EU before installing FTX Norway. I have tried a re-install of Norway and have installed the latest libraries 15/02/2015 after it.

Here are two of the airports but I have found five or more like this.

ENHK

NorwayAirports2.jpg

ENOV

NorwayAirports.jpg

Did you run the Vector AEC tool after your installs?

Yes Doug, I did run auto Airports Elevations Corrections. I am guessing something else is messing with my FTX Norway.

100% agree Wolter. I have a lot of Orbx scenery working well together. So I have a bit of experience at installing FTX software but in this case I guess I may have made a mistake some where but where?

My best guess is that something not quite right with the order of my scenery library list or I am wondering if there is something I missed about compatibility with FTX EU LC. I do not have any of the other programs listed in the compatibility list in the documentation.

Wolter I have checked and all is as it should be, is there a way for me to export my scenery list for one of the Orbx team to double check? or would some one like to login in using team viewer?

By the way I get the same results whether I use FTX in Hybrid mode or in EU only mode.

I have all my scenery in this order from top to bottom as they appear in FSX and in the FTX insertion tool.

1) FTX regions and airports

2) Tongass X high and low entries (Tongass high is my insertion for FTX regions)

3) Addon scenery folder

4)UTX Canada

5) All OLC entries

6) Much lower down

I am starting to think that I should remove it and reinstall it.

Also could I be missing an update that could be the cause of the issue? I have found that I am on OLC EU Ver 1.10 not  Ver 1.15. Just testing with Ver 1.15 now.

I try to keep all my Orbx scenery upto date but its not easy. I heard Orbx are working on a new FTX that will run auto update to update all the products(I can't wait).

latest Library 120515 and OLC EU Ver1.15 no joy still have airport errors.

Wolter whats the best way to remove Norway so I can do a fresh install? (Just cleared my firefox cahce and redownloading FTX Norway from a different server, just incase I have a corrupted download)

Hi mate,

I'm feeling your pain.

Unless competent technical opinion, I think your Scenery Library should be similar to my example below, what do you think?

27-02-201510-15-34.jpg

27-02-201510-16-41.jpg

27-02-201510-21-07.jpg

27-02-201510-23-06.jpg

Imho, all addons (airports, etc) different from Orbx products, if you want it to appear, it should be up in the priority list.

Cheers,

Hello John I set FTX to Europe before the install. To fly at Norway I have tried both FTX in Europe and FTX in Hybrid mode on both modes I get the same error.

Hi mate,

I'm feeling your pain.

Unless competent technical opinion, I think your Scenery Library should be similar to my example below, what do you think?

Voyager

I have almsot the same there are just two diffrences.

1) I have Tongass lower than FTX airports and regions.

2) I just noiced FTXAA_Airports is the first entry and not FTXAA_ORBLIBS. Wolter and John can you confirm if this is okay?

well,

This my setup works great.

From my side, I'll leave it at that.

I hope you can solve your issue.  ???

I think it is always good consumer submits screen shots of the his Scenery Library in order to facilitate support.

Best regards,

Voyager

Here is what I have in my scenery library John and Wolter. It looks fine to me or am I missing something?

scenerylibrarypage1.jpg

scenerylibrarypage2.jpg

scenerylibrarypage3.jpg

scenerylibrarypage4.jpg

scenerylibrarypage5.jpg

well,

This my setup works great.

From my side, I'll leave it at that.

I hope you can solve your issue.  ???

I think it is always good consumer submits screen shots of the his Scenery Library in order to facilitate support.

Best regards,

Voyager

Thank you Voyager realy appreatiate you taking time to help.

Hi,

That's not a question of order into installation process or a version of FTX Ventral. Your FTX Norway has a wrong display of textures because OpenLC entries are set higher in priority than FTX NOR's ones into the scenry library.

FTX_NOR_KO.jpg

To solve that, open your FTX Central and go to Tools/Scenery Library Configuration/FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points/:

FTX_Central_IP_ini.jpg

You can see that by default, OpenLC entries are at the top of the list.
So, choose Addon Scenery then click on button Set Insertion Point. You can see the list change and upper FTX NOR entries:

FTX_Central_IP_set.jpg

To finish don't forget to clic on Save and Exit.

Finally, you should have that:

FTX_NOR_OK.jpg

For further information, look at Ed's topic into the FAQ:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81831-setting-your-openlc-entries/

PS: sorry for the poor captures from a low end desktop :)

To solve that, open your FTX Central and go to Tools/Scenery Library Configuration/FTX Scenery Library Insertion Points/:

FTX_Central_IP_ini.jpg

You can see that by default, OpenLC entries are at the top of the list.

So, choose Addon Scenery then click on button Set Insertion Point. You can see the list change and upper FTX NOR entries:

FTX_Central_IP_set.jpg

Hello Richard,

I just posted my Scenery Library screen grabs It looks as you describe in your post. Do you agree my scenery library is correct?

Cheer

Seb

Could it be that FSX scenery config file is not updating correctly?

I just tried de-activating OLC EU and it did not help at all. Here another screen grab from my Scenery library of where exactly Norway sits incase it helps.

scenerylibrarypage.jpg

Maybe....just to the change of Insertion point and let us know if that's fine for you

Okay will try that.

Maybe....just to the change of Insertion point and let us know if that's fine for you

Changing the insertion point to addon scenery so that tongass goes above has not worked, sorry.

I would like to do a unistall and re install of FTX Norway. How can i completely remove it?

basic uninstall for any FTX scenery addon

set FTX Central to default/Global, don't forget to hit "Apply"

fire up fsX, let it rebuild it's scenery Dbase

go to the scenery CP of fsX and delete the entries you want to un-install

hit OK and WAIT till the scenery Dbase is rebuild, close fsX

with windows Explorer:

Go to the => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX folder, open the region folder(AU,EU,GLOBAL,NA,NZ,OLC,PI, VECTOR) of which you want to un-install the scenery,

delete the folder of the scenery you want to un-install

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts

delete the scenerylib_XX_XXXX.cfg file for the particular addon you want un-installed

delete the orbx_cpl_XXXX.xml file for the particular addon you want un-installed

right-click the FTXConfigurator.exe and select to "Run as Administrator", you will not see anything happening as it is a silent application

Go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions

delete the entry for the addon you want to un-install FTX_XX_XXXX.TXT

close windows Explorer

open FTX Central select the region you want to fly in and hit "Apply", close FTX Central

fire up fsX, it will rebuild the scenery Dbase, select the field you have un-installed and it should be back to default,

one small remark, as the payware sceneries come with a registration key, the registry key for the scenery that has been un-installed will stay present in the registry, hence when you decide to re-install the scenery it will not ask for your licence key again, unless you wipe the whole registry

Wow did not think its would be that many steps, I am glad I asked. thank you Wolter wil make my way through the instructions and report back.

Cheers

sebastian

I feel very very foolish :ph34r: and have almost solved this problem. I am a lot closer to where I should be than I was. Thank you for all who helped I am very sorry to take up your time when I had a incorrect free ware file!

I just discovered why my airports where looking odd! I had a freeware Airports of Norway higher up on the scenery library. I have removed the freeware from FSX and have just checked a few airports and they now look as they should except.......

ENVO still has the same issue as before, the airport is sunk into the ground. I have found a Vector .bgl file for this airport "ABP_ENOV.bgl" but its not available in the ACE tool to activate or de-activate. Wolter airport shot at the start of this forum shows ENOV is fine so I have something not quite right.

I am really close, any ideas what could be the issue? I have searched for other ENOV BGL's but there are none.

Hooray its sorted but there is a problem! This one is for PILOTS to look at.

I tried de-activating the addon scenery folder and it made no difference.

So I tried de-activating FS Global Ultimate - Europe and its fixed!

Wolter will you pass it on to PIOLTS or should I go to their forum?

A very BIG THANK YOU for everyone  for your help Wolter, John, Tom and Richard.

Now off I go to explore the amazing Norway scenery.

:smile::):D::);D:D::):lol:

Hi Sebastian,

Happy to hear you've pin pointed where the issue is located :)

if you have an issue with something in the FS Pilots Ultimate series I can only advise to contact them directly and explain your issue and work with them for a solution, they are most likely just as keen as you to resolve it

Archived