Scenery issue

elmucki

I just installed a fresh copy of FSX followed by Global 1.3 then Vector 1.2 then PNW and NCA. The problem i am having is that in those two regions, water is replaces by ground textures and makes VFR flying enjoyable. I tried to reinstall all four including latest Libraries but that did not fix it. i am out of ideas. Any idea what it might be?

Vector 1.2, the complete download from the FSS has a defective installer that is being worked on but in the mean time go to the support page

https://www.fullterrain.com/support

and download the Vector 1.15 and 1.20 incremental patches, don't worry about the 1.10 one mentioned being needed before 1.15.

Install the 1.15 followed by 1.20 over top of the VECTOR you have and then install the latest libraries last and it should correct the problem your experiencing.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply, here is a screenshot. I am not sure how else to do it so here is my dropbox link to it: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f8d46mwpo0si7a3/Screenshot%202015-03-08%2006.42.13.png?dl=0

This is KSEA, notice the river is trees... all bodies of water are replaced by trees in the PNW region. The same issue exists in NCA but its sand instead of trees.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry it looks like your topic slipped through the net

The screenshot link seems to be expired or removed, but it sounds like perhaps your terrain.cfg or lclookup have become corrupted, so I have attached the original FSX lclookup.bgl and terrain.cfg files below

lclookup.bgl goes into FSX/Scenery/Base/Scenery

terrain.cfg goes into your main FSX folder

Once you have replaced those two files, fire up FTXcentral and and select a region [North America], [Global] or [Global+hybrid] and press 'Apply'

<Files removed>

Cheers!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry it looks like your topic slipped through the net

The screenshot link seems to be expired or removed, but it sounds like perhaps your terrain.cfg or lclookup have become corrupted, so I have attached the original FSX lclookup.bgl and terrain.cfg files below

lclookup.bgl goes into FSX/Scenery/Base/Scenery

terrain.cfg goes into your main FSX folder

Once you have replaced those two files, fire up FTXcentral and and select a region [North America], [Global] or [Global+hybrid] and press 'Apply'

<Files removed>

Cheers!

Hi Tim

I'm having the same problems. Can you possibly re-post the links to the above files?

Much appreciated.

Sorry for the late response, was underway doing workups... the problem did not go away. i actually ended up Reformatting my hard drive as i wanted to give windows 10 a try and installed P3Dv2.5 just fine and everything installed like a charm. So  far no issues. Not sure what happened in FSX but its a thing of the past.

• 1 month later...

Here is a screenshot of my problem. It is while i am in KLAX, and as you see, water should be to the west but there is land. Also, when i try to apply a group in FTX Central v2 i get the error below too

e57aed513a1bf6305c0494bc48e222c6.png

2ae21091c84516c64034b0effa1db403.png

Archived