YMUI - Murray Island and FTX Vector

PhilK

Hi, everybody

P3Dv2, FSGenesis meshes, FTX Global + FTX Vector + FTX OLC, latest versions, no specific local sceneries installed.

While checking the airports for the GAAR2015, am having some troubles at Murray Island...

Landsat picture...

Murray_Islands_Landsat.png

P3D, Vector disabled

YMUIstock-2015-feb-5-002.jpg

P3D, Vector enabled

YMUIvector-2015-feb-5-002.jpg

With both stock, and FSG mesh, the airport sits on a plateau, but this was already existing when I was running under FSX...

Would it be possible to have the island back under the airport?

Thank you for your attention

Hi mate,

This is an issue (caused) by Vector.

See my post # 7 in this thread:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92247-tapei-taiwan-and-default-fsx-bridge-locations/

The fact is that no one is bothering to fix all these objects displacements that Vector caused.

I hope someone assumes the repair!

Oh, btw, this island is a Tim design. I think he will soon appear and clarify ...

Good luck!

Cheers,

Hi, Voyager,

Seems we already "met" on my former post (PASI / Sitka and Vector 1.20)...

Vector greatly improves the stock simulator world, but unfortunately introduces some problems or discrepancies here and there. I'm using P3D, which obviously is based on various data originating from FSX, and I understand it would be a huge work for the simulator editor to put all misplaced airports, runways, or objects, back to their right place, elevation (where applicable) or actual heading.

I further understand this is also a huge work to check that the produced addon fits the simulator, and probably it might be easier to alter slightly the Vector data (PASI runway underlying terrain, Murray Mer Island placement, etc...), than to expect the simulator editor to check and look for all the "inherited" misplacements...

I do have ADE (which does display much, but not all and everything), but do not have yet the PRO key. Furthermore, being also flying multiplayer, I know there are already some airports or runways "slight" differences between the various sims (meaning stock versions), and can imagine the results if some additional airport movements were processed on a "local PC" basis... Of course, to go multiplayer, you better disable all AEC's first 

I also really hope somebody will look into this type of problems.

Well, depending on you location, have a good day, or have a good evening !

Greetings from Paris, France

Hi mate,

This is an issue (caused) by Vector.

See my post # 7 in this thread:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/92247-tapei-taiwan-and-default-fsx-bridge-locations/

The fact is that no one is bothering to fix all these objects displacements that Vector caused.

I hope someone assumes the repair!

Oh, btw, this island is a Tim design. I think he will soon appear and clarify ...

Good luck!

Cheers,

Voyager,

Please do not assume that no one is bothering to fix issues, this could not be further from the truth. The Dev team are constantly working on issues posted by users, and the world Vector covers is a big place.

Thanks

Richard

Voyager,

Please do not assume that no one is bothering to fix issues, this could not be further from the truth. The Dev team are constantly working on issues posted by users, and the world Vector covers is a big place.

Thanks

Richard

A long time passes, my dear Richard, and each time Vector publish a patch, the displacements are maintained or increase - it's nothing personal, just an observation of a consumer!

As for you, believe in your good job <_< , because in the end it all depends on the Pilot's personal! :banghead:

Cheers,

A long time passes, my dear Richard, and each time Vector publish a patch, the displacements are maintained or increase - it's nothing personal, just an observation of a consumer!

As for you, believe in your good job <_< , because in the end it all depends on the Pilot's personal! :banghead:

Cheers,

I second what voyager had said....i hope atleast in the upcoming patches..all these issues will be fixed: misplaced bridges, airports, missing bgls causing trees to appear on many airports(though this is temporarily solved)..etc:

Richard,

My understanding is that we all have the same interest, meaning have the FTX and PILOT'S related products as accurate as can be (at least within the limits of the various simulators used).

When we, the numerous pilots, can spot some discrepancies, misplacements or other issues, and that they are addressed, we all have made some further step to perfection... 8)

Blue skies

Philippe

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Philippe,

About Vector displacements

Let's look at this example:

1 - This is a Obrx-Tim freeware; and

2 - This is a scene-shot illustrating a displacement causing by Vector;

Now, Vector has done its job (I do not criticize it) ... But who will fix  the scenery (rearrange the displaced objects) ?

If there is a single answer to this issue, as a great advance.

If it is given or will be adequate, has been a great mystery (or delay).

Good luck mate, for you and for us all!

Cheers,

I mentioned this in another thread... Murray Islands getting a complete makeover - new autogen, new mesh, new runway, more bananas, and will in future will only rely on you having at least a FTX region (any) / or preferably FTX Global installed

So whatever adjustments Vector makes..will no longer be a problem when Murray MKII is finished

Tim,

FTX Global, Vector and OpenLC EU are all three installed on my rig. So, will look for Murray MkII.

Wolter,

It seems you have no Vector data at this location, or something made it disappear...

Into my scenery.cfg, YMUI is area 167, whereas all the VECTOR entries are area 100 to 103, addon mesh files (worldwide) area 151 to 154. Is it wrong?

My first pixies do show stock Murray Island (the runway is on the island), Vector Murray Island (the island moves away from the runway...).

I assume stock Murray Island is possibly completely covered by Tim's scenery, but that the three Murray Islands in Vector are possibly not at their actual location (although not that far...)

Greetings from Paris to all

Philippe

Hi Philippe :)

for your information, I do have all FTX scenery addons installed and activated with my fsX setup, that includes Vector as well, I also did and do test every single one of them and you can rest assured that if I or my fellow testers do find anything that deviates or does appear odd to us we will make that clear to the Developers Team of that particular scenery, in spite of that all we are all humans and we can miss out on something, however we try to be as diligent as is possible with the tasks we have.

With all the different system configurations that are out there you can imagine that it presents us as Beta testers Team with a bit of a challenge to try and cover all the bases

As Tim stated, he's working on a revamped version of YMUI which most likely will blow the old version out of the water.

No worries, Wolter

Will look for release of next YMUI version.

Have gone P3D v2.5 now, and am just trying to understand why on my rig, and under Vector 1.20, I get a discrepancy placement of the island and its runway, or why PASI runway has a slightly different heading than the underlying terrain.

I also understand that time is needed to issue and release the relevant corrections or patches, as we are talking about an addon that covers whole world!

Greetings from Paris

Philippe

Archived