Tapei, Taiwan and default FSX bridge locations

csharpe

The locations of a number of the FSX custom default bridges around Tapei appear to have been overlooked when the VECTOR coastlines were updated.  On a separate but related note, the large number (and perhaps length) of the VECTOR bridges around Tapei appears to take a toll on even a high-end system.  Turning bridges off in the VECTOR Configurator instantly smooths everything out (stutters go away and frame rates stay more consistent), which is too bad, because they really look nice when they are active.

Thanks,

Carlyle

RCSS1.jpg

RCSS2.jpg

RCSS3.jpg

No, these are the modeld bridges that come with the Scenery / Asia/ Tapei default scenery from FSX and with Vector redrawing the coastlines and rivers to real world equivalents, these bridges drop on the wrong place, I think there is not much to do about it, disabling that folder sorts the problem but every landmark building from Taipei will disappear to then.

Herman

I have to say that and nothing more:

1 - Vector corrected the coastline general design, meaning that objects placed in different "regions", including FTX Global, almost all moved;

2 - I've seen the Pilot's staff to commit to tackling the airstrip / airports, but how?

3 - I think there should be greater coordination between Pilot's staff and and the Orbx staff that was or is in the responsibility of preparing the various software scenery, because... someone has to correct what was moved.

Thanks gents,

Cheers,

It's not the same as TNCB, that I corrected myself fully only using ADE but like voyager mentioned before in another topic, not everybody has ADE and for that to work you also need FSX SDK witch comes for free with acceleration but not with other versions ( FSX DVD 1 - FSX SE 0 ) and then still you cannot remove the default objects cause they don't show in ADE so they can only be removed by changing the default OBX file for that scenery into .off but that is quit drastic as it removes all objects for a big part off an area, for the Taipei area you would loose a big part from China mainland as well as the whole off Japan.

You can not see this as Global scenery, all the cities that have specific and landmark buildings are all modeld, they will always show even with the Autogen slider off. The best way to look at them is as to a payware scenery like an airport or like the free PNW Portland city. The scenery is compiled into a .bgl and most of those .bgl's can't be decompiled anymore and only the original developer who has the original FSX KML's can change them and recompile them to overwrite the previous one but the Aces team doesn't exist anymore and I don't know wether MS still has the original files in their dungeans somewhere, or, but that would 100% be payware, a developer can design the whole city from scratch with a big exclusion polygon over the old scenery and then it would look like Portland with everything at it's place but who is gonna buy Taipei?

Herman

thats a lot of misplaced bridges...are  you sure your vector installation is correct??  and i have not observed performance issues with bridges kept on in fsx..everything is smooth..

I hadn't noticed performance issues with bridges either until I started flying around downtown Tapei.  Everything is installed fine. 

Carlyle

Bridges are at wrong location for me to but I see no performance issues, are all your vector extrusion bridges black like in the third picture Carlyle? that shows that you have some missing textures and should reinstall Vector.

Herman

Yes, all bridges are black and appear quite realistic.  Frame rates actually remain rather consistent, but in this particular location, the presence of all of the bridges at once appears to introduce stutters on my system.  I do have all of my sliders maxed out, and there is quite a bit of autogen here!  I can play with it some more.  I just wanted to see if anyone else could reproduce this.  If this is unique to my configuration, I can try to selectively exclude some of less strategic autogen bridges around Tapei so that I do not have to turn them off globally.

Carlyle

Hi Carlyle, I had this problem once to and looked it up, you have to download a file from here and install it,

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/74959-ftx-central-error/?p=686819

it's the zip from the second or third answer and that did it for me for the black bridges, they should have the same colour as the roads.

Herman

Ah yes, UTX!  Because I installed FTXG Vector and uninstalled UTX almost simultaneously, I didn't even realize the bridges weren't supposed to be black.  Thanks, Herman, for that tip!  (Hopefully, that was the only thing UTX messed with.)

As to the possible performance issue, it's not tied to the bridges after all.  If I turn off the autogen and leave the bridges, everything is fine.  I think I've just been doing too much bush flying recently (with silky, smooth performance), and I've forgotten what it's like to fly in a dense, urban area.  I'm also using the SceneryTech Landclass for Asia, which does wonders for the view out the window, but it also adds even more autogen into the mix.

As to the misplaced bridges, they were quite an easy fix in the end.  I just wanted to make sure others were experiencing the issue before I started moving them.  They were all listed in the FSX Object Placement Tool.  After checking on GoogleEarth, I was able to determine which ones to move and which ones to exclude.  Since I was already editing, I went ahead and added the river park that runs through part of the city. If anyone flies in this region and wants the corrections, I'll be happy to post them.

Thanks,

Carlyle

Tamsui Fisherman's Wharf (Lover's Bridge) and boats added to marina

RCSS-1a.jpg

RCSS-2a.jpg

RCSS-3a.jpg

Added river park along highway

RCSS-4a.jpg

Hi Carlyle, could you explain how you did this with the object placement tool? I was thinking that it was only to create missions, didn't know you could actually replace default objects with it? and I'm always happy to learn some new tricks.

Herman

Sure thing, Herman.

It’s actually used the same way, but instead of saving your object files as a mission, you save them as a scenery.  You’ll then need to compile your scenery XML with bglcomp.exe.   I use SBuilderX to exclude library objects, but ADE will work for that too.  After you’ve saved the scenery file, you just need to make sure NOT to save it again (when prompted) as you exit the tool, as it will overwrite it with a mission-formatted file, which will not work as scenery.  I recommend the following download, as it provides a useful, interactive help file for scenery creation using the object tool.  

Best,

Carlyle

• 2 weeks later...

Archived