AI Traffic products. Let's have a serious discussion about these.

Mac_Maddog88

Same here.  I think these are the most FPS friendly AI models, or that is what I have read.

that is true ....they are the most fps friendly models....even with 40% traffic(that is a lot)..in busiest airports like LFPG and EGLL...i get 20-25 fps smooth ...that is more than required at these conditions..with ut 2..it went around 20..even 15 at some places....

WoAI for me.  The only issue I have is some older aircraft models (namely HTAI models) cause P3D to crash.  Thanksfully there aren't many that do this (the only aircraft I really miss are the B1900D's flown by Great Lakes out of KDEN).

Todd

Todd, have you tried the HTAI 1900D since 2.3? It works fine in my sim. Watch out though for the OSP ATR 72-200 and 500's, they are just a couple of the models that

cause aiplayer ctd's.

Can confirm what Dave says - version 2.3 fixed the problem with the HTAI models. I even have the old payware HTAI Single engine props package working fine in P3D2.4 now.

Haven't come across any problems with the OSP ATRs though, I must admit.

The HD paints that the painters over at AIG are churning out are simply beautiful in P3D2.4, really do look good.

Cheers

Jack

Hi Every one. Just read a review about UT2 that stated that when used and opening up a map view, or any other view, that the ai aircraft reset them selves. Anybody else had this happen. At the momment using traffic 360 and having a few problems. Cheers Derek.

I have UT2 in FSX at 25-35% and so far nothing in P3D. I pretty much fly IFR with the NGX,T7,Dash8 so my biggest issue is the VAS used by the traffic.

It can be from 50-250mb VAS

Should i invest in MT5.4C for P3D now that i have UTII setuped for FSX ? You cant have it doing both right ?

How is VAS in MT5.4c ?

Thanks

Michael

I use both UT2 and MyTraffic (MT).

For MT, i use his military and commercial traffic (with schedules compile with the option to not include UT2 aircrafts), not GA one.

MT set to used "performance" model. i don't care to have a ai aircaft with 10000 polygone and 2048x2048 texures because most part of the time, they are far from me.

My UT2 also use reduced and mipmapped textures to improve performance

i don't use static settings because FPS depends of the flying area

Todd, have you tried the HTAI 1900D since 2.3? It works fine in my sim. Watch out though for the OSP ATR 72-200 and 500's, they are just a couple of the models thatcause aiplayer ctd's.

I have not heard that. Very cool. And thanks for the heads up regarding the OSP models.

Todd

Actually Todd, feel free with the OSP models.. It seems they are hit and miss.. I can get them to CTD p3d almost on cue but it seems to be at EGBB only.

It doesn't seem to matter if I'm using UK2000, FTX, or simply default.I'll try and troubleshoot it and see what happens. Same thing with a few other

models I have and KSNA oddly.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you please describe how you shut down UT2 for when flying in Oceania so that there is no conflict with FTX AI.

Also, are there any issues with running UT2 at the same time when online with VATSIM and WOAI??

Thanks...

Can anyone help please??

Most appreciated.

Can anyone help please??

Most appreciated.

I use WoAI so this may not apply to your situation but it should. You should have a dedicated UT2 folder in your FSX\SimObjects folder that contains all of your AI aircraft files. In your FSX.CFG file, look for a section labelled [simobjects]. In that section is a list of paths to each vehicle folder in your FSX\SimObjects folder. You will probably see a line labelled ..\SimObjects\UT2. Simply add \\ in front of that line to disable all UT2 AI. If you have P3Dv2.5 there is now a separate Simobjects.CFG file - same concept.

Cheers,

Todd

• 5 years later...

Dear all.. i bought UT2 once upon a time and since them i tried to integrate my own airline which i had in fs9 and fsx to the addon........... in fs9 and fsx it was the TrafficTool to uncompile the traffic.bgl and compiple after editing with AIFP... But i guess in Ultimate Traffic 2 it is not possible to set own Airline.. I try this for just about 2 and a half year and i am almost on the start beofre  two and a half years... the support really sucks as there is no way to contact the manufacture of the game..

Archived