Extremely low res ground texture in WA79

Zach Taylor

I recently purchased WA79 airstrip that everything works great on, except the low res on the ground textures. I have PNW fully updated. All buildings, vehicles, grass and everything look right with the proper textures. Just not the ground. On Prepar3d 2.4. I have the latest orbx libs installed too.G5MeMp.png

That's how mine looks.  The source imagery is probably lower resolution than what you're used to in the later airport releases.  

Grass runways will generally look less detailed than the hard surfaces, it's the way FSX is.

That's how mine looks.  The source imagery is probably lower resolution than what you're used to in the later airport releases.  

Grass runways will generally look less detailed than the hard surfaces, it's the way FSX is.

Then why does their image on their own website advertising it show this?FUgBVh_24.jpg

There has to be some setting thats off somewhere

Also if its in P3Dv2x try turning off FXAA to try, I recall having some 'sharpness' issues myself once.. somewhere else

I tried that just now, no change at all.

That picture you quote is from FSX with the FTX_Aero 'coarse' setting

In P3Dv2 with the same FTX_Aero setting the ground effect just appears softer http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/80143-wa79-walter-suttons-ranch-re-booted-for-p3d22-and-fsx/?hl=wa79

As long as you have tessellation enabled, land detail box checked, 7cm textures set, and the 'coarse' detail applied you've done all you can, if you also have REX4 theres a nice 'cut grass' one that works quite nicely

Please don't imply that we show doctored or false promotional screenshots on our website. The screenshot you have used as an example from our website was taken by one of our beta testers using normal settings and the Coarse detail1.bmp from FTX Aero. If what you are seeing in your sim is blurrier than our shots you need to delve further into your graphics settings to sharpen things up.

Please don't imply that we show doctored or false promotional screenshots on our website. The screenshot you have used as an example from our website was taken by one of our beta testers using normal settings and the Coarse detail1.bmp from FTX Aero. If what you are seeing in your sim is blurrier than our shots you need to delve further into your graphics settings to sharpen things up.

I wasn't implying that. I have seen screenshots with that quality ground on several sites. I wa just saying that there has to be some setting or something I needed to change that would be able to clear the textures up a lot more

I wasn't implying that. I have seen screenshots with that quality ground on several sites. I wa just saying that there has to be some setting or something I needed to change that would be able to clear the textures up a lot more

Hi Zach,

One of the first things I noticed when switching between FSX and P3D2 was that the latter displays the land detail texture with less sharpness at the exact same settings, and it seems there's nothing that can be done about that. If you still have FSX, check there and you'll immediately see the difference.

Tym

Archived