AirDailyX.net Orbx FTX Norway Part One

Jordan King

Yes yes but look at those images. Am i the only one who thinks that PNW, NZSI,  NCA has much greater textures ? It looks really old to me

I wonder what platform was used with this region

Michael Moe

I see what you mean, the article is great but the reviewers system is clearly not up to par to properly represent what Norway is capable of displaying.  

Hello, my name is Mike Cameron and I am writing the Orbx Norway Reviews for AirDailyX.    I enjoy writing flight simulator reviews, especially Orbx scenery products because they practically write themselves since they are such outstanding products.    I have to admit capturing screen grabs is my least favorite part of the review process because of comments similar to the above.  What looks good to me may not look good to others in the published review.  I am not a screen grab artist, I only use the 'V' key and I do not perform any post capture editing.   The only editing that is done is that the BMP files need to be converted to JPG's for publishing on the website.   I do not have the most modern system and cannot afford upgrades anytime soon.   I use the Orbx suggested system settings for my computer hardware and love what I see outside of my aircraft's window without experiencing stuttering or low frame rates.   I am glad that you liked the written review and I am sorry that my screen grabs do not meet your expectations.  

Hello, my name is Mike Cameron and I am writing the Orbx Norway Reviews for AirDailyX.    I enjoy writing flight simulator reviews, especially Orbx scenery products because they practically write themselves since they are such outstanding products.    I have to admit capturing screen grabs is my least favorite part of the review process because of comments similar to the above.  What looks good to me may not look good to others in the published review.  I am not a screen grab artist, I only use the 'V' key and I do not perform any post capture editing.   The only editing that is done is that the BMP files need to be converted to JPG's for publishing on the website.   I do not have the most modern system and cannot afford upgrades anytime soon.   I use the Orbx suggested system settings for my computer hardware and love what I see outside of my aircraft's window without experiencing stuttering or low frame rates.   I am glad that you liked the written review and I am sorry that my screen grabs do not meet your expectations.  

No hard feelings Mike, as I said, the article was great but for such a scenic place it would have been nice to have some higher quality shots. Results always vary and I think you system represents the capabilities of alot of readers systems so its probably for the best. Appreciate the hard work you did and keep it up. 

I have decided to fly my flights over the natural areas in Part II again or try to.    I am going to disable my AI traffic and increase the autogen density, I think I have it set to Dense but may be Normal. I will try Very Dense unless my system slows down too much.  I already have the scenery complexity slider all the way to the right.   It will not be an hardware upgrade but hopefully this helps but no promisses.

Mike

I for one appreciate your review Mike . You guys over at AirDaily are doing a great job !! .

Cheers

Brad

Yes I agree with Brad. Also as Ironkidz said not everyone is lucky enough to have a top of the range system. Unless you have spent the last 10 years on planet Mars I think that any serious flight simmer will know that ORBX is the benchmark of scenery development.

The Orbx Preview screenshots are chosen so that they are appealing to the buyer. With the right add-ons, the right mood of the day, and especially the right place from the right perspective. So, they get a lot more out of an Addon..

The screenshots by Mike Cameron show the addon EU Norway more authentically, i.e. the way it will seen on your computer.

That's why I like the images of AirDailX very much .

Important and nevertheless, I find the Orbx products very cool. I'm going to buy and EU Norway.

PS: My native language is not English, God knows

• 1 month later...

I sent Ed the link for the entire review but for now Part II of my review is added to the end of part 1 of the original link.  Also for everyone that suggested that I needed a video card upgrade, I have just installed an Nvidia GTX 970 with 4GB of ram to my review system so this should help. 

Mike

Archived