Froogle Sim about Steam SE

This reminds me of the early days of windows, that is the 80s.  When MS would release a new version, it was always a wait until our programs from what ever company would be released for the new version.

Everyone gets to see that now.  It's funny, there was no real hype, but some minor announcement a while ago.

Anyway, just a point I want to make to that video is that even though I have to wait for Orbx to update the DLLs, I can still use the scenery, and the other products.  Right now I have to learn more about the tweaks to get it working better.  Also, I get to now start thinking more about getting a better video card as it now uses that for renderings or at least it seems like it.

By the way, I have the Aerosoft Anchorage X and Orbx Southern Alaska in stall and all is working great.  I don't have to turn down the graphics just to fly in to Anchorage and I don't have to restart FSX to do my next flight out.

Anyway, back to the point, and that is if a company wants to stay with the times they will release updates for FSX-SE and we see that with PMDG and ASN, and I'm sure we will see that with the rest that want to move forward with the times.

It think it is really a pitiful show that he would provide so much criticism of a product that he admits he hasn't tried and a company that brought an enhanced version of FSX to the community for all but $4.99. I recently uninstalled my new P3D install to go back to FSX Steam because to this day it still has not given me an OOM. The new updates provided today look to further improve upon that experience. DTG has done a great thing, you dont have to use it, but at least see that the end of the tunnel has a brighter light than it has in the last 8 years. 

absolutely.

I've been mostly flying my Coronado C208 (classic) all day today.  From King Salmon to Anchorage and back.  Flying thru FTX Global/Vector into Southern Alaska and into Anchorage X and back again.  I will do one more loop tonight, and guess what, I have not had any errors that cause FSX Steam Edition to shut down.

But then again, I never listen to critics anyway, I look at what I have this way, it may not be perfect graphics, but when it comes to flying at low altitudes my 6 core, 6 gig, computer with my NVidia 640 works just fine fore me.  I'm hooked on Orbx and FSX-SE makes it work fine now.

can anyone confirm yet that the object flow dll has been fixed yet in the SE, also you stated that pmdg was releasing new installers, any info on this, everything is scattered all over the internet about what works and what doesnt

can anyone confirm yet that the object flow dll has been fixed yet in the SE, also you stated that pmdg was releasing new installers, any info on this, everything is scattered all over the internet about what works and what doesnt

There has been no update simply because there isn't any.

The DLL work is contracted to an outside source and we had exactly the same happen when P3D went through its updates, it took time.

We are aware of the dll thing, you may also grant us a chance to get it sorted, so be so kind and quit nagging about it

PMDG installers will be out by Friday this week. 

It think it is really a pitiful show that he would provide so much criticism of a product that he admits he hasn't tried and a company that brought an enhanced version of FSX to the community for all but $4.99. I recently uninstalled my new P3D install to go back to FSX Steam because to this day it still has not given me an OOM. The new updates provided today look to further improve upon that experience. DTG has done a great thing, you dont have to use it, but at least see that the end of the tunnel has a brighter light than it has in the last 8 years. 

My thoughts exactly! I got so irritated by that video that I unsubscribed from his channel.

Personally, I think DoveTail and ALL vendors are doing a GREAT job! And I've really been enjoying the Steam Edition (which I'm running solely).

With its low price offering I think what DT wanted was/is to dictate the rules and not let others dictate them. Why would they care about OrbX, PMDG or HI-FI? For 5 some dollars they can quickly increase their customer base and let them pressure all add-on developers for a solution. Now, all developers are running mad to make their products compatible with this new version. The usual nagging will go on forever if they don't ("Mommy, I want my DLLs working. NOW!"). And increase this by paying individuals to post, on all major flight sim websites, really nice things about this product. So, no more OOMs, DTCs, low frame-rates, lots of big posts proving that 2+2=5 because of the "extensive" tests that were made and blah-blah-blah. Like all major MS products I'll wait for a SP1 or even SP2 to begin thinking about buying it. Or even skipping it and going straight to PD3. FSX code is too complex to change and I doubt DT will ever achieve this entirely. They can address some faults but that's all they will ever do.

Avsim published an interview with Dovetail, the first since the release of FSX SE. It is interesting, they have made changes and they are working on their own Flight Simulator. As for Froogle ' s reviews, unfortunately. He went from journalist to simply a blogger. He pushes the things he likes and pans what he doesn't like with very little objectivity. It is a pity, I too have un subscribed from his channel.

With its low price offering I think what DT wanted was/is to dictate the rules and not let others dictate them. Why would they care about OrbX, PMDG or HI-FI? For 5 some dollars they can quickly increase their customer base and let them pressure all add-on developers for a solution. Now, all developers are running mad to make their products compatible with this new version. The usual nagging will go on forever if they don't ("Mommy, I want my DLLs working. NOW!"). And increase this by paying individuals to post, on all major flight sim websites, really nice things about this product. So, no more OOMs, DTCs, low frame-rates, lots of big posts proving that 2+2=5 because of the "extensive" tests that were made and blah-blah-blah. Like all major MS products I'll wait for a SP1 or even SP2 to begin thinking about buying it. Or even skipping it and going straight to PD3. FSX code is too complex to change and I doubt DT will ever achieve this entirely. They can address some faults but that's all they will ever do.

The problem with those accusations and speculations is that there is absolutely no evidence supporting those statements. The fact is this, FSX Steam has resulted in an incremental growth in sales for all the developers who have shown support for it. There are tens of thousands of new simmers that werent there before and are buying products from these companies including Orbx. So it is only logical that a business that would like to sell in this new ecosystem, should ensure compatibility with their products, not the other way around. 

I know I certainly havent been paid by Dovetail, infact, I doubt Pete Dawson has either and he has said that he plans to make FSX SE his full time sim. It was a $4.99 product for many of us, so its hardly a major investment that we would be in denial about. 

There has been extensive testing, benchmarks, and demonstrations of the fact that FSX SE does offer better VAS management, less OOM's, and smoother performance. There is science there. If you dont wish to believe it, thats your right to be in denial. But there are no demonstrations to the contrary. No one has made a video, benchmark, or study that shows any to the contrary of what FSX SE users have been raving about. 

FSX code is old, but its the best we have to work with until someone creates a modern platform with 64 bit architecture. DT has optimized what it can, added new proprietary performance enhancements, and has stabilized the simulator beyond most of our expectations. I uninstalled P3D for this exact reason. 

See with your own eyes. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpQgUBKDKM&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z125shlg1sjidtbiw04ci5ky0t30wdeygco

The problem with those accusations and speculations is that there is absolutely no evidence supporting those statements. The fact is this, FSX Steam has resulted in an incremental growth in sales for all the developers who have shown support for it. There are tens of thousands of new simmers that werent there before and are buying products from these companies including Orbx. So it is only logical that a business that would like to sell in this new ecosystem, should ensure compatibility with their products, not the other way around. 

I know I certainly havent been paid by Dovetail, infact, I doubt Pete Dawson has either and he has said that he plans to make FSX SE his full time sim. It was a $4.99 product for many of us, so its hardly a major investment that we would be in denial about. 

There has been extensive testing, benchmarks, and demonstrations of the fact that FSX SE does offer better VAS management, less OOM's, and smoother performance. There is science there. If you dont wish to believe it, thats your right to be in denial. But there are no demonstrations to the contrary. No one has made a video, benchmark, or study that shows any to the contrary of what FSX SE users have been raving about. 

FSX code is old, but its the best we have to work with until someone creates a modern platform with 64 bit architecture. DT has optimized what it can, added new proprietary performance enhancements, and has stabilized the simulator beyond most of our expectations. I uninstalled P3D for this exact reason. 

See with your own eyes. 

>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UpQgUBKDKM&feature=gp-n-o&google_comment_id=z125shlg1sjidtbiw04ci5ky0t30wdeygco

Blah-blah-blah...

Archived