Disappointed with...

When I read topics like "Disappointed with..." I wonder what you are comparing with/expecting. I´m also very disappointed with ORBX sceneries, they don´t look at all as the view I see when I look out of my window. Especially, when I fly over my hometown here in Spain, I go up on my roof terrace and I can NOT see the airplane in the sky!!!

What do you expect! ORBX travelling around the world, like Google, photographing EVERY singe square meter and creat a realistic/asccurat scenery, with your house included? 

I own EVERY single ORBX scenery and thank God you guys have taken the time and effort to do something for us simmers. You have lifted simming to a new dimension.

Please compare with the defaults you had before and stop complaining. YES we are allowed and should point out things that should be fixed, but...

Feels good to get some steam out.

Jack

the Swede in Spain

"Feels good to get some steam out." Year  8) 

Sometimes i also think that some (mostly new folks on the blog) people have too heigh expatations for a photoreality/GoogleEarth like reality thing.

But of course in rewievs ORBx is always acclaimed to be  accurat for Airstrips/Ports that is. Some people forget that rendering a/the "true" woruld kill

FSX.

If some like to se "reality" , go for Google Earth  or Mega sceneryEarth... ::) 

Henrik

Then again, what about the people who are living in the regions that Orbx creates, and wants to give helpful hints to keep the quality and level of detail at the same level as the other regions? That's not disappointment, but rather constructive criticism that benefits both the creators and the users.

And don't forget the massive amounts of positive feedback coming in spades every time Orbx releases something (and rightfully so).

It's a matter of not focusing on the purely negative comments* and instead joining the choir of cheers! :-)

* I've only seen a few negative posts around here, and they usually are from people who have installed things incorrectly or that they don't understand the different layers of material that Orbx provides.

And for those out there who want the real thing, go learn about "tile proxy" wich is out there already several years and is free, this uses google earth scenery in real time connected to FSX but it takes some work to get it working right and the down side is that your system can't handle it if you want a crisp scenery over a big area and there is no autogen what so ever but you can see your own house and take a picture from the air as a souvenir. I myself love flying ( not difficult to understand if you know that I live already all my live in the middle of 7 airports within less then 10 Km ) and love the way ORBX looks and can't wait for a full fat region from my country to come out.

Herman

Archived