FTX Global Base install error FSX-SE

Hi,

I've uninstall FSX (boxed ed.) and installed a clean copy of FSX-Steam Ed. Recently I've purchase Global base. I've downloaded it without problems (checked file lenght and MD5 signature, both are correct).

After unzipping , I start installation (as admin) and just after I try FSX version to install this error appears(see attached image)

post-28994-0-29543600-1420385663_thumb.j

Any ideas?

Thanks, Alfredo

This is a well reported instance of where the boxed edition has been uninstalled and the SE installed. You will need to repair your registry for our installer to work by using repair utility such as the one found at the bottom of our Freeware page.

Solved!

You've directed me in the right direction. That concrete registry fixer doesn't solved the problem nor the F1 one either, but I find another called "FSX Registry Utility" that write the 2 keys needed at the registry. The 2 keys were:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE_SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\

Both were void and it's mandatory to fill them with the path to the FSX base folder.

Finally I have the FTX Global Base installing!

Cheers,

Alfredo

Ed,

I Have the same problem. The Registry Fix Tool did not solve the problem. Nor did WINZIP Registry Optimiser which I purchased.

Alfredo,

I do not understand your fix with "FSX Registry Utility".

Are you able to give more information about those 2 keys - for example what the keys should contain.

A screen shot of your registry entries would probably help.

Cheers,

Bryan

Thanks Nick,

The link you provided gave some guidance and I now get past the above error, BUT now have a problem with \Effects folder.

I have noticed some posts on that subject and will investigate further.

So far FSX-SE has been a grind, and not just with ORBX products. I could give in and revert back to FSX Boxed, but hey! why give up on a good challenge !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks once again.

Best regards,

Bryan

Archived