Steam Group created - "Orbx Community"

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

Thanks...

I hope i can solve a very difficult situation....

Flyboy...

Nice touch!...

although, since my issue is with and ORBX product purchased through steam, I'm not sure what to use....

John,

Would like to know who to go to about the recent release of ORBX Friday Harbor.

I purchased it from them but cant get answers from the as well as having to wait for a confirmation code about three times a day with each reply taking more than fifteen minutes.

This makes it very distasteful to use they're services....

My point being....

ORBX has been great and every purchase I made from you loaded easily in to FSX SE.

But trying to get your product through them is impossible thus far....

I purchased Friday Harbor yesterday afternoon...

During purchase, I was offered the "option" of doing a remote install....

Already having gone through the difficult download and all night install of steam to start with...

I am much happier doing my own installation.

Alas.... No download link, No instructions and nothing showing in my library.

All I have is my confirmation of purchase from steam and my PayPal receipt.

Support through steam is a joke....

I am still waiting for some type of intelligent response from the insteadof robo emails.

I come to you as my only resource as to some recommendations on how to deal with this... 

though, never again will I purchase a product from or through steam.

On another note I see nice things and future from P3d V# which I purchased as well last night... Unfortunately unable to add any ORBX products to it but am patient...

I may dump steam all together...

My sincere thanks to you in advance since I noticed the forum was locked.

Will

If you have a transaction issue with a purchase on Steam, Dovetail is in charge of the support.

However your product does not have a download or install link. Upon purchase it auto-downloaded and installed. It should be activated in your scenery library. If not, Dovetail maintains a community forum for support.

Flyboy, I agree that Steam support is a joke. It used to be okay, but I think they've become so popular now (up to 10 million users per day) that they've become overwhelmed.

Anyway, as Alex said, when you purchase a DLC (additional content for a game), it's automatically downloaded and installed into the game. This is one of the advantages of Steam, as well as all patches and updates being automatically applied when they are released.

Your purchase should be shown in several places in the Steam program (you are using the program, not looking at the web page, aren't you?)

1. If you select FSX in your library, using the Details view (1st button on the top right), all the DLCs you own are listed on that page, along with a tick to indicate that it's installed (or not).
  2. You can also right click on the game, select Properties (at the bottom of the list), then select the DLC tab, to see which DLCs you own and whether they are installed or not.
  3. On the right hand side of the page, you can click DLC underneath Links. This will show a list of all DLCs available for the game with a blue "In Library" marker on the ones you own.
  4. If you go to the store page for the DLC there should be a green bar under the screenshots say that "... is already in your Steam library".
  5. Finally, if you click on your account name at the very top right of the Steam program, then click on Account Details, near the top there's a link that says "View purchase history". That gives you a complete list of everything you've purchased from Steam, with dates and prices.

I haven't purchased any DLCs for FSX on Steam yet, so I can't confirm how they work in FSX (maybe you have to add it manually to your scenery library?) but this is how it works for all other games on Steam. If a product or DLC requires a code it will ask for it when you run the game. The code pops up in a box allowing you to copy and paste it easily. I don't know if that's required with FSX DLCs.

Regarding the confirmation code issue, they usually only ask for that when you sign in from a different computer, it's a security precaution. Have you been signing in from different computers, or a mobile phone or tablet perhaps?

The Steam program itself is very small and very quick to install. Your long download would have been for FSX, not Steam.

I wouldn't be too hasty to give up on Steam. Although their support is terrible, I've been with them for over 7 years and have bought literally thousands of products from them. Only twice have I ever needed to contact support, and both times the issue was resolved.

The best advice I can give you if you want help on Steam is to go to the community forums and ask there. If there's a problem, lots of people will know about it and can help you solve it.It's the first place I look if I get a problem, and they'll usually help you solve it without having to contact support.

There are two ways of getting to the forums (they have one for every game).

1. Go to the game page in your Library (Details view), on the right under Links, click "Forums"
  2. Go to the store page, scroll down, on the right click on "View discussions".

In fact, to save you time, here's the link to the FSX-SE forum:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/

I've just noticed that they have a sub-forum especially for addons:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/2/

Oh, by the way, Steam recently introduced refunds. I think you can request a refund if you haven't used the product for more than two hours. I'd use that as a last resort though, you should be able to get this to work.

Hope this helps.

Paul

If you have a transaction issue with a purchase on Steam, Dovetail is in charge of the support.

However your product does not have a download or install link. Upon purchase it auto-downloaded and installed. It should be activated in your scenery library. If not, Dovetail maintains a community forum for support.

I ahve had to do a complete re-install and as far as Steam support?.... None existant

I've yet to recieve anything but a confirmation of MY email to them..

What else can I do?

I should not have bought this from them.

Any news or approximate date all my ORBX products will be P3D V3 compatible?

Will

1. If you select FSX in your library, using the Details view (1st button on the top right), all the DLCs you own are listed on that page, along with a tick to indicate that it's installed (or not).
  2. You can also right click on the game, select Properties (at the bottom of the list), then select the DLC tab, to see which DLCs you own and whether they are installed or not.
  3. On the right hand side of the page, you can click DLC underneath Links. This will show a list of all DLCs available for the game with a blue "In Library" marker on the ones you own.
  4. If you go to the store page for the DLC there should be a green bar under the screenshots say that "... is already in your Steam library".
  5. Finally, if you click on your account name at the very top right of the Steam program, then click on Account Details, near the top there's a link that says "View purchase history". That gives you a complete list of everything you've purchased from Steam, with dates and prices.

Paul....

Thanks for the comprehensive help...

1-5 check are all visible and installed however there is nothing in my scenery except all my other orbx products....

Thanks...

Sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted it out

Although Steam support is terrible, if you keep nagging them for long enough you should get a reply from a human instead of an automated reply.

If you can't get it sorted out, request a refund, many people have had games refunded since they introduced that policy.

Paul

Thanx Paul....

I think they are refunding my money...

I uninstalled it and re installed since it showed in my library... ticking it and unticking I gather does that but now its over.

Much prefer having the file myself and add it to my scenery... I understand Friday harbor is now available to regular clients as well.

I'll purchase through ORBX.

Any news that you know on getting everything revamped for PD3 V3?

I know some is but cant wait to give it all a proper try before my sixty days refund policy is up....

Thanks again....

Sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted it out

Although Steam support is terrible, if you keep nagging them for long enough you should get a reply from a human instead of an automated reply.

If you can't get it sorted out, request a refund, many people have had games refunded since they introduced that policy.

Paul

Paul... They will not refund my money.

The product shows in my library with a tick next to it and as downloaded but not in my scenery

and I cant get it thru their thick skulls that I never used it because it was never there!

Their reason is that I've used it for more than two hours.

Sitting in my library does not constitute use...!

I've loaded all my Orbx products one by one as I did previously in the right order and it all works fine but this does not show up in central, scenery or anywhere else.

and I am not an idiot or new to this...

But I am getting very pissed off!.

Do you have any contacts there?

Pleas contact me privately.

Will

• 8 months later...

Archived