FTX Central Europe clarification

gsumner

Hi,

I need a little clarification if possible please.

Now I we have EurLC ( I have others as my signature will describe ), are we able to leave FTX central in set to Europe?

Obviously when Im flying around the British Isles and Norway it will be set to Europe. What now about the rest of Europe?.

What happens if we select Europe in FTX when I fly around Germany , France, etc, even MykonosX and other distant but European places. Would this look OK or has it to be Full Fat Region Europe for this selection.

Regards

Graham

This is pretty well covered in the forums and the User guides.

However

To fly only in any of the Europe Regions, ie the UK, Ireland and Norway

set Europe.

To fly only in the rest of Europe, as covered by Open LC Europe

set Global

To fly in between the regions and the Open LC cover

set Global+Hybrid.

The way I understand it, is that if you are going to just fly within or between Full FTX Regions such as Norway or Britain, you should leave FTX Central set to Europe.  However, if you were going to fly around Germany or some other European countries that don't have an ORBX full region, then you should should set FTX central to Global.  And then if you were to fly from Germany to a Full Region, say Norway, you would set FTX central to Global w/ hybrid mode selected.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, however, this has worked fine for me.

Edit:  I see Nick beat me to it!

Regards,

Rob

Archived