The forgotten Countries

chewit

I have payware scenery for England + payware airports and very good they are. But what has happened to the rest of the UK

It seemed as the devs think England stops and starts at that tiny portion of the south coast

Regards

Well, let's think about this.  I believe you might be referring to those outer dominions where the savage Celts and other similar wild untrained savages once held the Roman empire at bay.  Perhaps you're referring to Scotland.  Perhaps you're thinking of Wales.  Northern Ireland might cross your mind.  Heck, even that blighted potato-land called Ireland could be considered as worthy of inclusion in the British Isles.  All of them are available right here at the wonderful ORBX EU scenery library.

You just gotta know where to look, where to track down elusive prey, and pounce when the quarry is in the cross-hairs.

Hi

I am one of the savage Celts and other similar wild untrained savages who once held the Roman empire at bay, and a very good job we made of it too. What my learned friend from Moray is meaning is that of the eleven payware airports that have so far been released for the United Kingdom by Orbx, one is in Scotland and the other ten are in England (correction:- Southern England).

I am afraid, Chewit, that not enough sales of the UK Countries mean that no one wants to take the chance of investing in more Airports. John Venema has said this many times, not just about the UK, and as the 'Boss' of a company that needs to make a profit, and give the Developers a good return for their efforts, I have to say that I can fully understand where he is coming from.

Instead of complaining about the lack of UK airports,why not encourage more people to buy these Countries by showing the world what they are missing and send in to Orbx more photos/videos of your experiences and travels in the UK's forgotten outback (ie:- Northern England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland).

Here's tae us
Wha's like us
Damn few,
And they're a' deid
Mair's the pity!

Kind regards

Ian

One thing the OP might ask is: do I want just OrbX quality products or a mix of every payware product from other developers that cover these countries? Well, I have both. The ideal was total global domination from OrbX (Jarrad style and others ) but, unfortunately, we won't have that or at least in my life time. Fortunately I don't live in Africa, since the options are sparse. :)

OK John

So tell me where to look for England shall we say I only see approx 7/8 payware air ports None for Wales Scotland or Ireland

Regards

Consider yourself lucky, my favorite Orbx region so far, New Zealand only has 2... They prioritize what sells best, wich is understandable.

Hi I understand all of your answeres and thank you for all replies

Re John Dow If I could make Quality scenery or even bad scenery I would not need to go any where else for it and then I could put them up as Free ware like some of the boys on Orbx

Archived