YBTH Runway Texture problem

Sniper31

Okay folks, I have tried to figure this one out without bothering you, but alas, I cannot. I have just reinstalled YBTH and then installed the latest Orbx Libs file. I do not have this problem at any other airport that I can find. Any ideas?

VpPZL.jpg

Gday Sniper, most odd, something I've not yet seen

Its looks like the tyre-dirt layer on the runway that is showing black, its a local texture to YBTH so is not affected by anything external like Orbxlibs.

Check you have:

- mesh slider at 5m

- no extra APX files from any non-Orbx AI programs

- DX10 or DX9?

- ground shadows turned off

Gday Sniper, most odd, something I've not yet seen

Its looks like the tyre-dirt layer on the runway that is showing black, its a local texture to YBTH so is not affected by anything external like Orbxlibs.

Check you have:

- mesh slider at 5m

- no extra APX files from any non-Orbx AI programs

- DX10 or DX9?

- ground shadows turned off

Thanks for getting back to me Tim. I know, this seems a weird one. Anyhow, to answer your questions:

- mesh slider is and was set at 5m (that is my normal setting)

- the only AI traffic I use is the free FTX Traffic from Graham E.

- I am running in DX10 mode using the latest release (2.5) of the DX10 Scenery Fixer

- no ground shadows (always have those turned off)

And, I was about to hit the 'POST' button when I remembered that I just updated DX10 Scenery Fixer to 2.5 AFTER I posted this issue. So, I just checked and YBTH and what do you know...no problems with the runway (or anything else). In fact, YBTH looks wonderful ! :)

So, go ahead and close this thread Tim...thanks!

Phew too! Just to add to this before it gets closed off ... for any other DX10+Fixer users out there ...

I always make a point of re-running the Fixer after any install - be it scenery or aircraft. It's become as ingrained as running the latest ORBX LIBS.

Adam.

Archived