FTX EU England and UK2000's London City Xtreme

Bert Groner

Gentleman, good day!

A reader of FS MAGAZIN has informed me that he is facing OOM's near London City Airport made by UK2000 alongside with FTX Global Base/Vector/openLC Europe, FTX Eu England and Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended installed on approach with Aerosoft's new Airbus A318.

I was able to reproduce this scenario on my 4,5 GHz i7-2600K-PC (the loads of total 16 Gbyte RAM and 2 GByte VRAM are at about 50 and 75 %) and I'm on my way to research why this OOM's happens.

First I tried to deactivate FTX EU England but after this I see a wide area of additional autogen trees espcially on the River Thames and the waters around EGLC continuing to London City Center and into some distance east of EGLC. After reactivating FTX EU England the trees are gone again. This doesn't happen with Aerosoft's older London City Airport (an excerpt from VFR London X).

Does anyone of you know about this problem and has got a solution already?

Thanks fro any help!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Greetings,

I think that the 4 GB limit on Virtual Address Space is the cause

of the OOM error.

With all those addons installed and active, there is simply more

to process than is possible while the software remains 32-bit.

Which one is the "straw that breaks the camel's back" is probably

a matter of opinion.

I regret that I cannot help with the strange problem of the autogen trees.

Gentleman, good day!

A reader of FS MAGAZIN has informed me that he is facing OOM's near London City Airport made by UK2000 alongside with FTX Global Base/Vector/openLC Europe, FTX Eu England and Mega Airport London Heathrow Xtended installed on approach with Aerosoft's new Airbus A318.

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Hallo Bert,

when I touched the Aerosoft Airbus 320 first (about a year ago) I also had frequent OOMs. For me the solution was removing all those unused add-ons I had only tried rarely (like freeware aircraft), making a backup of my fsx.cfg, create a fresh fsx.cfg and adding all those settings I need or understand. Maybe this story already helps:

http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/topic/77733-airbus-x-freezes-after-10-20-min-flight/

If it helps, it was no Orbx or UK2000 issue...

Viel Glück / Erfolg  ;D

Have you tried using the Scenery Config Editor to disable items not needed. Actually, you disable everything, and then only load what you need for the flight. I have found it has been great, although have not tried this scenario.

if all suggested improvements fail there is an alternative: go to DX10 with the payware DX10 scenery fixer. Besides many other visual things the DX10 data management will be improved and reduces any OOM risk dramatically. I have googled "Uk2000 dx10" and found interesting answers.

Wulf

Thanks a lot, guys...

I agree on the 4-GByte-limit and will follow all the hints accordingly.

Steve Parsons DX Scenery Fixer (to me the best tool in 2014) is in use already for a long time and call it strange that the issue with the autogen trees only happens when I deactivate/deinstall FTX EU England.

Best for now!

Bert

FS MAGAZIN

Archived