LandClass Problem, or ?

Jens Peter

Hej Ian

Thanks for your kind reply.

I have the Vector_AEC below the default base scenery, then Vector_EXX+CVX+APT+OBJ, then Global, then Again default areas like Africa aso, and first then ORBX!OPENLC_EU in one block, followed by the FTX regions+ airports above, last all the Addons, so i believe thats ok. im running FTX in Hybrid mode.

Hello

ORBX openLC_EU must be below all other Orbx scenery files (Regions and airports) as per instructions in the file I attached. Your order should be :- at the top of list all your add on scenery followed by all your orbx add on airports and scenery followed by openLC EU followed by all your default scenery. Vector will find its own position in this order and generally will not need to be moved.

Here is a copy of part of my list to explain.

L5bE.png

Kind regards

Ian

JP, you are both right.

The difference, I think, is that you are reading the scenery.cfg in Notepad and

Ian in FTX Central.

The scenery.cfg file entries are "upside down" as compared to how they

appear in the scenery library, ie the highest entry in the scenery.cfg list

appears at the lowest position in the scenery library.

Hi there,

that looks like the issue with the default seasons control file assigning "mild" and "hard" winter to alternate ground texture tiles; see http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/86437-season-transition-problems/

The easiest work-around is to move the current date back or forth by one month.

Cheers, Holger

Thanks to Ian,Nick and Holger

KA7IE.jpg

Holger, you might be right, but i turned the season all the way from November to March (one month a time) and the result is shown at the enclosed (January)

shot. That is hard Winter, particulary in Zell-Am-Zee.

Take Care

JP

Hi JP,

hmm, that's a bit odd. I've checked the default seasons control file for that area and it should only display hard-winter textures for December through February with November and March showing the hard/mild winter "shotgun" pattern.

Perhaps try to force hard-winter in that area by selecting a weather situation with active snowfall (e.g., Winter Wonderland) and then waiting a few minutes or forcing a scenery library refresh. If some landclass tiles still don't switch to hard winter then it might be an installation issue.

... unless you're using an add-on that includes a custom seasons control file though I don't believe that exists for Europe.

Cheers, Holger

Hej again Holger

I snooped around in our FSX world, and remarked that fe. in Stockholm area the same problem occured, but it was solved by changing the season from February back to January as You described (see enclosed) If you look closely you will anyhow se an area distant in the background remained unchanged. 

xcWLk.th.jpg

If this is a "installation issue" what would be the right action to take (im still shaken after a fresh install on a new (fast) machine, with all the bells and whistles). 

Take Care

JP

Archived