Greetings from Greece - holiday report part 2

Stillwater

Let me show you the second part of my comparison shots, as promised in http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/87238-greetings-from-greece-holiday-report-part-1/ .

Our plane is coming. We were quite happy that ours was the one in the background, not the Skyexpress.

jN7BX.jpg

Ready for virtual boarding, for sure on the correct parking position with weather loaded for the executed flight time.

rp57I.jpg

Line up and hold.

S0jDW.jpg

3N2jm.jpg

Climbing out over Heraklion downtown. You can see the old city walls (now a green belt), and the venetian harbour and fortress.

0tyx.jpg

4BY59.jpg

Leaving Crete. I can confirm landscape and colours are now great in FSX, thanks to global. What a mess this was in default FSX!

AniZg.jpg

1MZb5.jpg

Just to confirm I have the right routing...

pTE9H.jpg

... over Milos island...

qsApn.jpg

... and Cape Sounio. One of the most romantic places on Earth to watch the sunset.

v5tag.jpg

On final to Athens. Like in RL the city was invisible behind clouds (and the hills...).

WFl2.jpg

Hey, that´s a nice heliport (left of the approach to 03R). Unfortunately I could not find it in the sim...

Mhkqn.jpg

We had a 4 h stopover in Athens, and my companions actually thought going to the IKEA... . Unfortunately sim-ATC allocated RWY 03L for me, so I could only take this simmed shot from the wrong direction.

WwXQA.jpg

CwUl8.jpg

Slow down.

4D9UY.jpg

5DCrB.jpg

The connecting flight from Athens back to Germany was in full overcast. Not even the Alps could be recognized (except by turbulences). So I won´t bother you with part 3 of my holiday report  ;D .

PS: 3rd party add-ons used for LGIR and LGAV.

Gerold, these are great shots, both real and sim.

Thanks for taking us along, but sure would of loved more RW shots of the Alps.

Next time.

Cheers,

Jim

... hope the weather gets better next time. And I hope it is no night flight. Maybe it is much easier to get a good view in the sim... ::)

Another nice comparison-set :)

Cheers

Mallard

My pleasure.

Thanks for commenting!

Archived