Jankees Mitchell pair

Adam Banks

Just to give a little credit to Jan Kees - that prolific (and talented!!) repainter. Here are a few more pics of the DX10-tweaked RCS B-25:

"Willie" over the Hauraki Gulf:

b25j_jk_hauraki_195_1280.jpg

An RAAF livery - somewhere near Darwin (and looking a bit like a Lancaster!):

b25j_jk_darwin_166_1280.jpg

b25j_jk_darwin_884_1280.jpg

Adam.

She's turned up a little late for Pitch Black '14 Adam. :)

You're right about the prolific painting. I don't know how he and many of the other talented painters find time. My first took about eight weeks and the second is still WIP eight MONTHS later... But we'd have a much less interesting flight line (and screen shots) without them.

Mike

Thanks for the nice comments, folks - you really shouldn't encourage me! :lol:!

You're right about the prolific painting. I don't know how he and many of the other talented painters find time. My first took about eight weeks and the second is still WIP eight MONTHS later... But we'd have a much less interesting flight line (and screen shots) without them.

I've made a few repaints myself - and they took me many, many hours each. Speed isn't everything, but I can't help but admire the skill of people that can do these things in (apparently) no time at all!

very nice..........

may i ask,were to find the updated plane for dx10?

They're JK's originals textures - with some DX10 texture tweaks made by me (about 8 or 9 files in all). They need the the RCS aircraft base.

I really need to clear it with Roy Chaffin before I *publicly* allow people to grab them. After all - they're his original textures. All I did was check them, change the alpha layers and resave them in .dds format.

I'll let everyone know what the outcome is.

Adam.

Thanks for the nice comments, folks - you really shouldn't encourage me! :lol:!

I've made a few repaints myself - and they took me many, many hours each. Speed isn't everything, but I can't help but admire the skill of people that can do these things in (apparently) no time at all!

They're JK's originals textures - with some DX10 texture tweaks made by me (about 8 or 9 files in all). They need the the RCS aircraft base.

I really need to clear it with Roy Chaffin before I *publicly* allow people to grab them. After all - they're his original textures. All I did was check them, change the alpha layers and resave them in .dds format.

I'll let everyone know what the outcome is.

Adam.

thank´s ::)

I heard back from Roy today. He wasn't unfriendly, but referred me back to the disclaimer "Publication of: Extra Liveries, Add-ons, Fixes, Etc., are STRICTLY FORBIDDEN.

Such things can only be published by RCS Panels." ... which I have no problem with. It's their property, after all.

I offered to remove all screenshots of all the "fixed" B-25's I've posted, which he confirmed he wanted me to do ... so I've removed them.

I'm sure we could all have a very interesting discussion about this (it's a fantastic looking aircraft) but I'm mindful of the fact that this is an *ORBX* forum and may be the wrong place for it anyway!

Adam.

Archived