Tiles problem

Mickel

Hi Folks

I was getting the issue illustrated below, and decided is was just a scenery order thing.  So I moved the OpenLC from close to the top to immediately under where the regions are in the list, but that didn't fix it.  Note that the tiles change over time.  What have I done wrong?  OpenLC was installed after Vector 1.2 and a (hopefully successful) uninstall of the other main vector scenery (before installing Vector, of course).

AwLzU.jpg

NVvZD.jpg

GqHl.jpg

9Ko5b.jpg

86lnB.jpg

5rX3.jpg

blVLO.jpg

EQ2HN.jpg

Cheers

Mike

OK, I understand correctly now.

I wonder if you are perhaps looking at an OpenLC area with Europe

selected in FTX Central or a GB (Europe) with Global selected?

How do the textures display if you set Global in FTX Central and then visit

Ostend for example?

Hi Nick

I can confirm that FTX Global was selected.  In the series above, the first few shots were around Jersey, and the last three on the French coast, east of Jersey and north of LFRF.

The shots below are inland a little from Ostend, taken a few seconds apart.  As you can see images are changing.

JdI27.jpg

1rhOi.jpg

UiQsy.jpg

Mike

Thanks Nick.  I'll give that a go in the morning and let you know how I get on.

Edit:
Those were definitely the symptoms described, so I backed up the terrain.cfg, copied the one across and cycled FTX Central.  I then departed LFRF again, but had the same issue.

For what it's worth, I went for a short flight from NZSD to NZNP prior to reading your latest response to see if also affected regions.  The only problem I had was that the previously 3D buildings at the freeware NZNP that is available (not Orbx) were now only flat rooftop textures on the ground.  All other buildings, vehicles, POIs etc appeared unaffected.  All ground textures were fine.

It might be unrelated, but for some time I've been getting an unhandled exception error when changing some regions - typically from AU/EU/US to Global.  It's not affected whether the region changed - it always did.  The text reads:
Unhanded exception has occurred in your application. {standard text in here} The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.

Details:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at System.IO.File.Copy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.CopyBuildRestoreBat()
at FTXCentral.FTX_Environment.ApplyRegionChanges()
at FTXCentral.FTXC.Apply()
at FTXCentral.FTXC.lblApplyButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Label.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Mike

All fixed.  It was a bit brute force and ignorance: repairs and rerun of installers.  But it all seems to be working as intended now.  And it does look very nice now. Thanks Nick.  Off to explore some more.

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ken

Hi mike

How did you fix this as I am having the same problems without the exception errors. Did you reinstall the FTX products?

thanks

Ken

I did what's probably not recommended...

Ran the FSX repair, followed by the Acceleration repair

This reset all the textures back to default, so I reinstalled Global

Followed up with Vector and Europe LC.

I think I bought myself some other issues, like missing buildings at YPAD and NZNP sceneries, which I haven't resolved. I haven't checked the FBeam or FTampa airports yet either. Hopefully they're ok. Not noticed anything wrong with other Orbx airports.

As I said, probably not the best way to fix it, but I was out of ideas. And it fixed the other error I was getting...

Good luck.

Mike

Hi Mike

I didn´t quite take your route but I did reinstall all the Orbx products starting with Global Base, then EuropeLC, then the individual regions.  Despite my attempts to solve it reconfiguring the scenery layers.  However, now that it is all installed and working correctly, I can confirm that my scenery layers are now set correctly per the Orbx user guide in that all Orbx Terrain Regions, i.e. FTX EU Scotland is first followed by the EuropeLC and Global base.  The confusing part for me was the scenery insertion point.  I am happily flying all over Scotland now enjoying this product immensely.

Regards

Ken

Archived