This is getting annoying...I need specs!

boetie

By specs I mean prescribed spectacles. I have resisted/been in denial for a while but I have finally succumbed to the fact that I'm missing out on Orbx and all it's intended eye candy. I sit here typing away on my iPad with my new rather trendy spectacles. My sim life now has an addition to the checklist....spectacles at the ready. What is it with these monitors, that runway is 5 miles away not 35 inches!?

I use magnifier glasses - not prescrpition..    I have one for reading, one for TV and one for computer.....   I painted red dots on their frames in order to easily tell which is which....  1 dot = tv   2dots = computer   3 dots = reading      howard

I have specs for Simming, another pair for reading, multifocal for everyday day use, and contacts for when I get totally p****d off with specs. Apparently I have one odd shaped eye ball (no jokes please), That stops them from creating a full range prescription. >:(   

Don

I've needed specs for a few years now for reading (age 55) but my far sight is good, due an eye test again soon at the Opticians and will mention that I'm beginning to have trouble seeing the small text on my 2560 x 1600 LCD :) Its a wonderful 30" monitor and resolution for flight sim graphics but sometimes text can be quite small and fine, heh.

For forum and WWW use though, just holding Ctrl key and using mouse scroll wheel can adjust text size to something more readable and this might be a tip others with high res monitors might want to try if they are not aware of it already.

Old age dont come on its own :)

I developed a pterygium on my right eye while in the navy last century. Didn't like the thought of a quack cutting it out with a scalpel, so let it be. Last year it finally started to grow onto my pupil. Time to have it removed I thought. Now they use lasers and surgery was a doddle, except for the 11 stitches (sutures) in my eye. Every time I blinked it felt like I had sand under the eyelid. Removing the sutures was not particularly funny either. At least I now look normal, but my eyeball is permanently distorted, so I can't get a normal perscription either. Specs for this and specs for that - normal and sunglasses. My left eye still does most of the work, out of habit. Fortunately I can still drive without glasses, but that may change at my next drivers licence renewal due next year.

The price of getting older......

Bob

Sent from my tablet thingy!

As I get older I find I need specs for all of the above, but when I need a particular set I can't find that set. But if they can't be found they will  always be on top of my head. 

Archived