Lancair IV-P fuel pressure warning

Ron Attwood

I'm in the process of doing SOH's Melbourne to Mildenhall race in my IV-P (N5VZ) and I have to say that you learn a lot about the plane when it's flown for more than 2 hour session!

Here's my concern. Engine started and running as per normal, however, this time "Warning-Fuel Pressure" wont shut up! All the gauges are reading normal and I've gone over everything I can think of. Nothing I can find in the documents either. I decided to find the .wav, turn the volume off and set off for Singapore and hope she doesn't die on me.

Yes it is up to date (V3) and she's flying well as we speak, although the guy is probably still chuntering on despite the sock in his mouth!

Any clues would be appreciated. :smile:

Hurrah! I've found the answer. Simply install the latest Vector update and the IV-P returns to normal. Marvellous piece of kit that Vector. :D

Having said that, the Fuel pressure gauge still reads a bit too close to the red for comfort. <_<

Ron,  Any idea what the Vector update has to do with the IV-P?  Color my curious.

Stew

• 1 year later...

I know the dev team said the aircraft on which this is based had quirks, such as an overzealous AoA warning.  Maybe this is modelled to reflect the real world plane's quirks?  I find that as soon as I give it some throttle it goes away.

Archived