New Zealand (Stunning)

Tony Wroblewski

I haven't used FSX for a while since moving over to X-Plane for flying in Europe, but I have to say that I'm really impressed with the NZ scenery, and this is one scenery/region that still brings me back to FSX/P3D. I'm currently in NZ on holiday, and I've visited places such as Queenstown and Milford Sound due to airports I've purchased here in the past (Perhaps you should be receiving a promition fee from the NZ tourism board ;-)). The airports and surroundings are instantly recognisable, even more so from above. You've captured the scenery and feel of place so well, that it's really a pity that more airfields aren't being developed. The approach into Queenstown was instantly recognisable and also the entire scenery from the various flights I've taken around the area are very well captured and very convincing. 

I really hope in the future you will release more airfields for this area, I think Wellington would be great

Tony, while I highly agree in general (I made a similar experience during a visit in the last year), Wellington would not make much sense. A well-known competitor is developing and just released the first part of an excellent rendition of Wellington (city, airport and surrounding). And btw. it's FTX compatible.

Kind regards, Michael

The developer, when he includes the vicinity of airports (some even include a significant part of the city - KTVL, KRDD, KMRY, YBCS, NZQN etc ...), he conveys this feeling that, when confronting the real, the real is not so surprising.

They are professionals of high ethical sense and they themself like what they do!

Cheers,

Hey Tony, if you find yourself in Wellington their is a pub on Featherstone & Johnston Street called the Leuven Belgium Beer Cafe, I work directly above them. If you find you have some spare time I would be happy to buy you either a coffee or a beer...

I came to New Zealand for my first time in 2008 and loved it so much, so I came back in 2011 and have been here ever since. I fell in love with the country so now I am pretty much set to spend the rest of my life here, absolutely no regrets. And Wellington is the perfect city with a lot going on and the perfect climate as it is never too hot or too cold, always just right.

Enjoying it in FTX is one thing but living the dream is even better.....hope you enjoy your trip and let me know if you will be in Wellington.

Cheers

Tony, while I highly agree in general (I made a similar experience during a visit in the last year), Wellington would not make much sense. A well-known competitor is developing and just released the first part of an excellent rendition of Wellington (city, airport and surrounding). And btw. it's FTX compatible.

Kind regards, Michael

Thanks Michael, I'll have a google for this. 

I love the Scenery, too and I'm hoping that there will come more great Airports. Maybe Auckland, Christchurch... :-) Something to land with the A380, 777, 747...

I'd love to see some the regional city airports such as Dunedin, New Plymouth, etc.. It was great also seeing Cessna 172s with floats in the lake here by Te Anau. 

Hey Tony, if you find yourself in Wellington their is a pub on Featherstone & Johnston Street called the Leuven Belgium Beer Cafe, I work directly above them. If you find you have some spare time I would be happy to buy you either a coffee or a beer...

I came to New Zealand for my first time in 2008 and loved it so much, so I came back in 2011 and have been here ever since. I fell in love with the country so now I am pretty much set to spend the rest of my life here, absolutely no regrets. And Wellington is the perfect city with a lot going on and the perfect climate as it is never too hot or too cold, always just right.

Enjoying it in FTX is one thing but living the dream is even better.....hope you enjoy your trip and let me know if you will be in Wellington.

Cheers

Ah that's a pity, I spent all last week in Wellington and it would have been great to have met up with a fellow simmer. We were staying at the Travelodge near to the harbour. I really loved the city and what is immediately apparent (Just a few minutes after leaving the airport) is just how friendly people are compared to Europe. It's a culture shock when the bus driver/taxi driver or shop clerk is smiling and strikes up a conversation for no apparent reason. I'd drop everything in a heartbeat if I got the chance to live here (I've heard immigration is super tough and my IT qualifications alone wouldn't be enough to get me enough points :(), and it would seem everyone I spoke to here (Most where born elsewhere) have never regretted it.

I've heard immigration is super tough and my IT qualifications alone wouldn't be enough to get me enough points

Really? That's surprising ... we really struggle to find good people in this field and many of my colleagues, and myself, are not originally from NZ (though to be fair, I cheated, as my Mother is so I came clean through!)

Archived