New NZCH freeware

kiwi stu

Checking the new files section on Flightsim.com I came across a new NZCH and surronding area package.
It covers a large area of Canterbury and is a large file,
The makers stated that it merges well with FTX NZSI,so i have given it a go.
Well it merges ok..i give them that..the detail of the city is great..parks and roads in right places..but there is a lot of use of photo real..mixed with auto gen..so im still not to sure about it.
Banks Penninsula is great when flying over it,but from a distance its a bit shabby.
This shot of a final approach to Rwy 20 is very realistic..with Woodend beach below..its spot on.
Not sure if ill keep it..but certainely worth a look for some.
SOnCF.jpg
Stu

Yeah..it seemed like a massive job for the guys that did it..not sure why they did really.

All I am really after is a full fat FTX NZCH Airport.

I think the upgrade of the airport in the latest NZSI SP is great,but would love a full version.

My wait continues I guess

Cheers stu

All I am really after is a full fat FTX NZCH Airport.

I think the upgrade of the airport in the latest NZSI SP is great,but would love a full version.

Agreed ... and NZAA while we're at it!

I tried the scenery and liked the topography around the Banks Peninsula and the tiles in and around the airport itself. There are probably lots of other "goodies" to be found, but I don't know Christchurch in RL so don't know where to look. It also means you lose the ORBX night lights.

Tim - I got a real framerate hit around NZCH with the NZSI update anyway! :lol:

Adam.

Archived