Add on scenery/airports

Aussieflyer38

Hi Guys. With add ons as above, when I install say Adelaide YPAD does that overwrite the FSX one that was installed by MS, or do I have to do that myself. I'm under the impression that it happens automatically in the install, but not quite sure if that is right. Could I get some advice on this please. Thanks.

Don 

If the scenery or airport has its own dedicated installer, then generally it will install itself into the appropriate folder within the sim.On a few occasions you may have to go into scenery library to correct the position of the new add on.

However with some add ons they do not have a self-installer and may only  contain files such as "scenery" and "texture" as a general rule these need to be added manually into the addon scenery folder and then activated within the Sims' scenery Library..

You generally can tell if it has worked by doing the obvious,ie load the sim and see the results, if said item has installed ,good to go,However if you still see default then go to scenery library within the Sim and add manually.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Thanks guys. Most of my addon software so far has been what I assume to be "quality" purchased through places like FSS, and if my memory serves me right, all so far had installers. I just wasn't sure if they did overwrite the files MS had installed initially.

Don  

Archived