KMRY Black Boxes on Apron

ESzczesniak

I've just made a major FSX system upgrade and resintalled everything.  I am now noticing these black boxes underlying the static airliners.  They don't appear at all angles and I've posted 2 pictures below demonstrating this:

2014-9-19_13-22-24-50_zps2d8dff39.png

2014-9-19_13-22-32-331_zpsc030673b.png

I am suspecting this is related to DX10.  As part of my upgrade I have been trying to move towards DX10.  Any knowledge as to what's causing this, if it's DX10 related, and if any solutions exist or are planned?  I'd sure like to keep using DX10 for it's improvement in VAS on my system and being able to using higher graphics settings with less penalties. 

DX10 Preview is not supported unless used in conjunction with DX10 Fixer (no longer for sale) or Steve's DX10 Shader which mostly replaces it and is free:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81915-steves-shader-v323-not-fixer/#entry750505

Without either fix you'll run into a variety of issues since the preview mode is very incomplete and bugged.

DX10 Preview is not supported unless used in conjunction with DX10 Fixer (no longer for sale) or Steve's DX10 Shader which mostly replaces it and is free:

http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81915-steves-shader-v323-not-fixer/#entry750505

Without either fix you'll run into a variety of issues since the preview mode is very incomplete and bugged.

Thank you for the response.  I should have been clear, I am using v3.2.3 of the shaders.  Unfortunately I was a bit too late to the game to get Steve's DX10 Fixer.

Sure wish I had gotten the payware fixer whne it was available.  Shame to lose a tool like that.

I think we're all hoping Steve will be back - plenty of life left in FSX+DX10.

Myself - I'm looking long and hard at KMRY - it looks an absolute work of art!

Adam.

I think we're all hoping Steve will be back - plenty of life left in FSX+DX10.

Myself - I'm looking long and hard at KMRY - it looks an absolute work of art!

Adam.

KMRY is wonderful!  I just wish I could fly in there in DX10 (the black boxes for shadows are the only issue I've seen), but still a work of art in DX9.  Hopefully a fix will come someday for DX10.  Orbx probably knows better, but I suspect it's actually in the Orbx Libs with the baked in shadows on static objects.

G'day there,

I'm sorry to hear that you weren't able to pick up a copy of Steve's Fixer before it stopped being available for sale - the work he has done to fix the many (many) bugs with default DX10 mode is amazing and highly commendable. 

KMRY is wonderful!  I just wish I could fly in there in DX10 (the black boxes for shadows are the only issue I've seen), but still a work of art in DX9.  Hopefully a fix will come someday for DX10.  Orbx probably knows better, but I suspect it's actually in the Orbx Libs with the baked in shadows on static objects.

I spent a considerable amount of time last year investigating this exact issue, prior to Steve releasing an update to his fixer that resolved it at a higher level. Unfortunately it's not a case of being able to resolve the issue via changes to the ORBX libs models, as the same model (or more to the point, material setting) will behave differently at different geographic locations. 

Cheers,

Jarrad

Archived