Flying in Papua (Worst Place to a Pilot series)

Eric Bakker

For all of you PNG (AYPY) scenery lovers, this is worth viewing. I got it from the ASN newletter that I got this morning:

http://asn.aerosoft.com/?p=29823

If you do not have access to Channel 4 (like me) the next best option is Youtube.

>http://youtu.be/XqkjRxzztJQ

People, don't start this YuoTube video, because it's infected with a Trojan Horse. This placed a Milviz exe into the Microsoft FSX main folder.My Anti Viris scan from Kaspersky found it halfway the video.

Peter

People, don't start this YuoTube video, because it's infected with a Trojan Horse. This placed a Milviz exe into the Microsoft FSX main folder.My Anti Viris scan from Kaspersky found it halfway the video.

Peter, I do not claim to know it all, but this is new to me. As far as I know Youtube video's cannot place exe-files on your computer. I also checked my FSX and P3D folders, but did not find a 'milviz.exe' file that you mention.

Are you sure you did not get it from another source?

Groeten uit Alkmaar, :)

Eric

Hi Eric, I'am sure that it game from this YouTube video, because Kaspersky reported the time and the source and that Milviz file was implemented into the main FSX folder after I started the video. I could see the date and time.

But the quick reaction and handling from Kaspersky saved me from a Troyan Horse. After that I have made a deep virus scan and nothing was found.

Peter

Hi Eric, we have been chatting about this show already here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83620-worlds-best-place-to-be-a-bush-pilot/

@Peter, sorry but I have never heard of a youtube video installing 'Milviz.exe's into your FSX folder before, I think that is a bit far fetched.... what if you did not have a FSX folder?,  I suspect that your AV scanner started up automatically at the same time your were watching the video and possibly had an issue with the Milviz.exe in main FSX folder

Regards

Tim

Thanks for finding this video Eric, truly amazing stuff. I Note particularly @24:27 where Cpt George O'Brien is on a reccy of 2 strips and on the first strip the narrartor says it is a newly constructed strip No Coordinates and No strip info, never been landed before its on a slope with the first third unuseable because of drainage issues the slippery moss gives that an even smaller Landing Zone.

George must assess by flyover and then take the plunge, the narrator says "IF"  he lands successfully the strip will be added to the route.( if......... man that's gutsy flying)  If that is not hairy enough he then has to venture the unknown of taking off with the same lack of info.

I guess if you have landed and taken off in a near to similar situation plenty of times before then you can react quickly if things go badly, but you only get one chance to get it wrong.

Who wants Georges job, let me think for a while..................... Mmmmmmm........................ heck yeah!

Hi Eric, I'am sure that it game from this YouTube video, because Kaspersky reported the time and the source and that Milviz file was implemented into the main FSX folder after I started the video. I could see the date and time.

But the quick reaction and handling from Kaspersky saved me from a Troyan Horse. After that I have made a deep virus scan and nothing was found.

Peter

Its actually a false positive. Its the Milviz menu manager file. It appears the Kaspersky doesn't like my scanning for the config manager exe files in Milviz folder in FSX. One of our testers also uses Kaspersky and got this problem but no other AV system picks it up.

Hi Eric, we have been chatting about this show already here: http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/83620-worlds-best-place-to-be-a-bush-pilot/

Hi Tim,

Sorry for that, it seems that I am not 'lounging' enough here. I guess I am too busy flying Orbx sceneries, and PNG is my favourite!  

Not enough time left to read everything.  ;)

So, guys, please continue any discussion on the subject in that other thread.

Archived