First Impressions

Hi All,

I finally got around to picking up Blue, Gold, YMML, and YSCH after some trepidation.  I was nervous partially because of worries about FTX mode breaking other things, as well as a sour taste in my mouth from a certain FS9 ground texture set that never really worked out like it was supposed to, so I was wary of purchasing.  Enough products came out that I got confidence in the dev team after the FS9 debacle, so I picked up a few of the sceneries.  Well, I'm impressed to say the least.  It seems to offer everything that I've been wanting in a scenery.  It looks like megascenery might without all the horrible issues that it has.

I can honestly say that the screenshots don't really do justice, and it looks really nice in flight.  Performance takes a small hit, but nothing I can't handle, even with mostly full sliders.  You all deserve a congratulations, and if I ever get more money, I'll probably pick up red and maybe green as well.  I've never really flown around in Australia before due to the lousy default scenery, but I'm pretty likely to fly there a whole lot more now.  So, congratulations, guys!

-stefan

System specs for comparison:

E8400 @3.94ghz

4GB Muskin DDR3 1600 RAM

GeForce GTX 260

Welcome Stefan, glad you are enjoying it! Don't forget to download the wonderful freeware adds that Orbx has, and also go visit OZx and enjoy a further 200+ airifields! OZx also have plenty of repaints of many planes in Aussie style so you can "blend in with the locals"!

Actually, I downloaded all of the freewares while I was mulling over dropping the money for the payware stuff, haha.  I may pick up some repaints - I mostly fly the Aerosoft Beaver/Twin Otter, F1 Mustang, F1 172, Eaglesoft SR22, and the PMDG/LDS stuff.  I haven't seen too much for those yet, and I'm a bit on the poor side to pick up the Carenado stuff.  Thanks for the welcome!

-stefan

Wecome to FTX land Stefan. Let me mention that you need to put your order numbers in your signature for these forums. Just a little requirement that the powers  be ask us to do...  Just go to your profile page ,and add them there please.

Thanks

Sue

Yes, welcome Stefan ???  ;D but how dare you criticise those masters of their art who regularly publish their screenshots we all enjoy so much?!! ;)

Look forward to seeing some of your own now.  FTX Australia is a wonderful Country, oops, Continent to explore and is full of interest and beautiful scenery.  You'll enjoy it.

Best wishes

John

Archived