Five more from the C430

D0S

Was clearing out my V key folder and came across a couple of screenshots taken a few weeks back, from a test flight from Wanaka, out to the West Coast, then back into Queenstown.

This was after flying the C430 from NZWB to NZQN, but having FSX crash on my whilst on vectors to land. The test flight was to see whether the main tanks quantity increased in value after burning fuel out the auxiliarys, as the real 300 series do. I was happy to discover this feature was accurately modelled!

nuDBd6J.jpg

iJoQCXo.jpg

fc9xW5P.jpg

9GanGrV.jpg

YZ2oTvF.jpg

2ihcZz4.jpg

The non Orbx photoreal is all from REAL NZ.

Thanks everyone!

Enjoyed these very much, thanks Andy. Curious to know why the fuel in the 300 series main tanks increase while using the Aux.

The fuel pumps deliver too much fuel to the injectors and return about as much as is consumed by the engine back into the main tank, regardless of whether you're running off the mains or the auxiliarys. For this reason, it is necessary to run the mains for a good hour or even 90 minutes in the 310 before switching to aux's, or the returned fuel would just spill overboard out the tank vents!

Archived