4th Monitor - best utilised?

boetie

I have a three monitor setup and have a spare 19 inch LCD monitor floating around. I would love to utilise this and with my graphics card setup I believe it's possible. My question/query is how to make the most of it? I also have an iPad networked which i primarily use with FSWidgets moving map. I have Saitek and GoFlight instruments with the common artificial horizon, altimeter, climb rate, IAS, heading etc etc. I'm after any suggestions and know how. I would even be interested to know if it's possible to browse the net on the 4th monitor :)

Thanks my friends

Boetie, first your 4th monitor has to have the same (or better)as the other three or your resolution on the other three may be downgraded.

You should be able to drag any pop-up on the main screen down or across to the 4th monitor.

For example the default GPS window, or if you fly PMDG a click on to the co-pilots ND will create a pop-up.

The other option is the external view using the "[" key so you could have the VC on the main screens and a picture of the external view on the 4th.

I have a 4th monitor a small 7" one, but its resolution is too low and won't work with my three 27" HD monitors so I connected it to an old computer, it can display weather radar.

Regards

Ken

I would lose the ipad and replace it with a laptop, and then you would actually end up with five monitors...I have the top centre 22" monitor plugged into my laptop and can surf the net and run all my navaid programs, Google Earth, etc.. all at the same time..I think the laptop has far more horsepower and capabilities then the ipad :)

RPEuG.jpg

Cheers

Doug

Archived