9.7 touch screen and the Flight1 GNT 750

Kilstorm

Guys I'm thinking I would like to buy this 9.7 inch touch screen monitor 
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA30514B2494&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-_-pla-_-Pro++Sound-_-9SIA30514B2494&ef_id=Uvw6@wAABJglOW0N:20140812012551:s

And devote it to the Flight1 GNT 750 to have a touch screen 750 in my simpit.

I already have a HMDI main screen and the Insight GPS in one of my two dvi ports.  Would this work?

It meets the P3D min screen requirements.  Any thoughts?

The GTN recognises touch screen tablets, but it's the connection to the main PC that may be your draw back. I've tried a few apps on the iPad Air with retina display that connect over the Wifi network, and they are too slow with the data transfer. FSX ended up very jerky, waiting for position data to be transferred is my guess. If you could connect a touch screen device direct via cable to the PC I reckon it would work.

The GTN750 definitely looks cool on a small touch screen though.

From my experience, when you connect one of these smaller monitors, it acts as a grain on the GPU.  As long as you have a fairly solid wifi signal, I would go the tablet route with a server client based app.  I have tried both and I enjoy the wifi version a lot better and pay no consequences of losing frames as you do by connecting another monitor.

• 1 month later...

I needed to get a tablet for its features on an Android.  I found this: http://www.greenbot.com/article/2451320/how-to-use-your-android-tablet-as-a-second-laptop-screen.html

If it works on P3D just to have another monitor, I will buy the Flight1 GTN and see how it works. I have on order a holder I can put on the yoke so this would be sweet if it all works out.

Very interesting.  I have the GTN750 and as a novice I was just wondering about 10 minutes ago how ppl ever managed to navigate without it after the weather went from clear to low clouds/fog down to about 200' over the ground - I suppose they must have known what they were doing. :)

However, pls correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying you will be able to run the F1GTN on a touch screen android?  Like a Kindle Fire?

And pls share the source of the yoke mount, this could be very interesting.

Very interesting.  I have the GTN750 and as a novice I was just wondering about 10 minutes ago how ppl ever managed to navigate without it after the weather went from clear to low clouds/fog down to about 200' over the ground - I suppose they must have known what they were doing. :)

However, pls correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but are you saying you will be able to run the F1GTN on a touch screen android?  Like a Kindle Fire?

And pls share the source of the yoke mount, this could be very interesting.

Ram Mounts  www.ram-mounts.com is what I used.  Gonna pass on trying to get the GTN to work but Garmin Pilot and to have my Flight Brief PDF flight info along with saved checklist will come in real handy.  Here is two pics of the final install before it goes into the new sim build.

IMG_0748_zps7048bf06.jpg

IMG_0749_zps3cabd766.jpg

I just tried the Greenbot, and have to say thanks for the link. I fly the VRS F-18 Super Hornet in the orbx world. I have built a simple home pit that I have been able to move all key borad commmands to peripherals using FSUIPC. The only thing I had left was the "UFCD" which is a touch screen within the F-18 pit. With this little $5 app I am able to move it to my tablet. So no more mouse which has always been a  immersion theif for me. What real aircraft uses a mouse in the cockpit anyway? So, thanks. It works well.

David

Archived