ORBX NZSI

bobrandal

FYI I have just installed the FTXORBXLIBS.140703 Update...and now have airfield "TROUGHS"at NZQN and NZMF after the LIB install....ORBX Downloads....I .have been a bit dubious about installing NZSI SP3 and have not installed it at this stage.

Could you pse advise if reinstalling the previous ORBXLIB.140405 update will fix the problem? ???

And when can we expect SP1 for NZNI? ???

Bob R

Kapiti Coast

Hi Bob,

the Orbx Libries don't contain any components that would cause sudden elevation issues at airports. Thus, you may want to think a bit more about what changes you've made recently that might impact NZ airports. For example, do you perhaps have FTX Central set to Default or Global (base) instead of Oceania?

The NZSI SP3 will affect airport elevations at NZMF and NZQN for those who have our payware add-ons installed like yourself. Thus, after installing SP3 re-install both NZMF and NZQN on top of your current installation to get the airport altitudes back in sync.

Cheers, Holger

Hi Holger,

Thanks  for your response.

I can confirm that OCEANIC was set in FTX Central and that no changes had been made to my FSX prior to installing FTX ORBXLIBS.140703....in fact my ORBX configuration was working perfectly during my "OPS" immediately before the LIB installation.

And shouild I uninstall NZQN and NZMF before a new reinstall  ??

Cheers,

Bob R

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

The NZSI SP3 will affect airport elevations at NZMF and NZQN for those who have our payware add-ons installed like yourself. Thus, after installing SP3 re-install both NZMF and NZQN on top of your current installation to get the airport altitudes back in sync.

Before to install the SP3 NZSI patch, does a solution exist to avoid to install the NZMF and NZQN airports please, for example making a backup of an alevation file? If yes, which files are to backup?

Thank you!

Possibly, but re-installing takes about 5 minutes tops.  Not a big hassle every few months or longer.  If a way is found to automate the update installers to look at each person's setup I'm sure it will be included but I suspect it's a low priority.

Not that what I'm looking for because reinstall is always a challenge... FTX Central, hard disk defrag and so on. But I don't blame anyone... So be it.

Thank you for your answer anyway.

I don't understand why you would need to run a defrag after an install of a scenery file.  The file will be written as one large contiguous entry as long as there is available space of course.  So as long as your disk is not fragmented before install, you won't gain anything by defragging afterwards.

False:

I don't understand why you would need to run a defrag after an install of a scenery file.  The file will be written as one large contiguous entry as long as there is available space of course.  So as long as your disk is not fragmented before install, you won't gain anything by defragging afterwards.

And false:

Because you must run the install of OrbxLibs too. And all those installers don't,only add files or overwrite them, but do place temp files I imagine or place old files that will be replace by others and so on: when you defrag with alphabetic order for main order, then you HAVE to defrag. CQFD

Hi to all and thanks for your answers,

OK OK I stand defeated.  You may gain one hundreth of a fraction of a nanosecond when your system seeks the relevant files.  Measured in electron orbits around an atom's nucleus that is a long time.

Please don't laugh, it's more than your sarcastic tone. I just explained as requested. And I think I'm not wrong.

Or put smiley(s)? :wacko:

and if you have an SSD for your fsX / P3D it will sort itself when the system is restarted via the TRIM function ::)

Sorry but no sense: took for me as a joke because of the smiley.

Grab the new Triple-installer for NZSI, this had a tweak to the installer so you did not have to reinstall the 2 NZ airports again

What a nice new, thank you very much!

I'll try when back at home.

As always, nice support, Great Team, TY.

Hi,

I just installed the NZSI patch 3 after a new download: but the pb still persits. I think you were talking about the full 1st installer :(

Grab the new Triple-installer for NZSI, this had a tweak to the installer so you did not have to reinstall the 2 NZ airports again

Thus I got the elevation pb.

Please see this topic too :( -> http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/84288-lost-nzqn-control-panel/#entry770905

Thank you!

Archived