Missing people flow at WA79

rockliffe

After installing the latest WA79 P3D version I decided I wanted to reinstall the original version back into FSX, as I much prefer the lovely long summer grass that lines the airstrip. I deleted the entry in FSX scenery library and then deleted WA79 folder from the Orbx scenery NA folder. I then reinstalled the original FSX version. For some reason it did not self install and I had to manually add the scenery to the scenery library. However, as the title of this post suggests, Walter god bless him, is nowhere to be seen! Neither is the other old timer, I think he usually sits on the deck of the house. Any ideas would be welcome, thanks fellas.

Hi Howard,

probably best is to do a complete cleanup of all WA79 related things on your system, only then can we be sure that we are correctly installing things

please set FTX Central to NA

fire up fsX it will rebuild the D base, do a lil flight no matter where in the US, close fsX

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA and delete the complete FTX_AA_WA79 folder

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts, delete scenerylib_US_WA79.cfg and orbx_cpl_WA79.xml

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts look for FTXConfigurator.exe, rightclick and select to run as Administrator, you won't see anything happening as it is a silent applcation

go to => C:\Users\--your name--\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and open the fsX.cfg with notepad

look under the [Trusted] section for

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_WA79\scenery\ObjectFlow_WA79.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

DELETE both lines if they are there or the one you find, save and close you fsX.cfg

fire up fsX and check WA79 it most likely won't be there

close fsX

Unzipp the installers into their own folders

Make sure FTX Central is set to the NA region !

run the exe's with rightclick and select "Run as Administrator"

re-install the announced WA79 redux version http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82869-ftx-na-wa79-walter-suttons-private-strip-triple-installer-now-available/?p=758248

re-install the latest library files http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81461-orbxlibs-140703-both-versions/?p=746742

fire up fsX and check that WA79 is alive again, I'm pretty sure it will be

Hi Howard,

probably best is to do a complete cleanup of all WA79 related things on your system, only then can we be sure that we are correctly installing things

please set FTX Central to NA

fire up fsX it will rebuild the D base, do a lil flight no matter where in the US, close fsX

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA and delete the complete FTX_AA_WA79 folder

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts, delete scenerylib_US_WA79.cfg and orbx_cpl_WA79.xml

go to => ...\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts look for FTXConfigurator.exe, rightclick and select to run as Administrator, you won't see anything happening as it is a silent applcation

go to => C:\Users\--your name--\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX and open the fsX.cfg with notepad

look under the [Trusted] section for

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS\Scenery\ObjectFlow.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_WA79\scenery\ObjectFlow_WA79.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

DELETE both lines if they are there or the one you find, save and close you fsX.cfg

fire up fsX and check WA79 it most likely won't be there

close fsX

Unzipp the installers into their own folders

Make sure FTX Central is set to the NA region !

run the exe's with rightclick and select "Run as Administrator"

re-install the announced WA79 redux version http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/82869-ftx-na-wa79-walter-suttons-private-strip-triple-installer-now-available/?p=758248

re-install the latest library files http://www.orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/81461-orbxlibs-140703-both-versions/?p=746742

fire up fsX and check that WA79 is alive again, I'm pretty sure it will be

Hi Wolter. Hmm, really odd. I followed your suggestion but Walter is still missing! I followed your advice to the letter, but the only thing I couldn't find in the trusted section of the cfg was:     E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_WA79\scenery\ObjectFlow_WA79.dll.bnqakhlibcrlzcitltwcaoqznwekaezetbwaebit=1

EDIT: Following the reinstall, this line, or similar, is still not present in the cfg Wolter!

I'll run through the install/uninstall sequence as you did it Howard and see if I can re-create your issue.

Wolter's instructions for the manual removal should have eliminated all of the data from the OrbxFTXWA79120 install.

I'm assuming you still have your original Walters Farm file in it's original .zip format?

We'll get it sorted out for you...

I'm assuming you still have your original Walters Farm file in it's original .zip format?

We'll get it sorted out for you...

Hi matey, thanks for the reply. Sure, I still have Walter's original files! Cheers...

Hey there Howard,

I'd try deleting the OrbxFTXWA79120 using Wolter's guidelines, then run the registry cleaner tool http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html (bottom of page), then install your original.

We have another option. We can place the original people and grass .bgl files into the new OrbxFTXWA79120 build, and re-name or delete the new files that you don't want to use. I can walk you through that process.

I'll keep on eye on this thread to see how you're doing.

Hi Howard,

The original WA79 did not use ObjectFlow, hence you not seeing anything now. It also used early PeopleFlow, so I think you would not see the same additions that Gordon did.

Hi Ed, hmm, well, Walter was always working on his tractor! I guess he must just have been early Peopleflow following an update?

Hey there Howard,

I'd try deleting the OrbxFTXWA79120 using Wolter's guidelines, then run the registry cleaner tool http://www.fullterrain.com/support.html (bottom of page), then install your original.

We have another option. We can place the original people and grass .bgl files into the new OrbxFTXWA79120 build, and re-name or delete the new files that you don't want to use. I can walk you through that process.

I'll keep on eye on this thread to see how you're doing.

Hi Gordon, if it's all the same to you, I think rather than use a registry cleaner tool, I'd prefer to drop in some people and original grass files.

Hi Howard,

You should still be seeing the tractor in front of the house with the mechanic working on it. Also Walter will be found drinking beer in his usual spot at dusk only...spring, summer and fall.

If you aren't seeing these and the other people I added we need to look at your install. The grass is a matter of removing the existing bgl and replacing it with the original.

FSX Gordon

OK...

I just did a quick test and installed the original Walter Sutton on top of the new Sutton in FSX. I ended up with both, which is what I would expect.

Then I hand deleted all of the files, leaving no trace of WA79.

I installed from the original installer into FSX...got a good install of the Walters you are looking for. So.. let's work your problem.

Hand delete:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_US_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\WA79 User Guide

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_US_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_WA79

Optional you can run the registry cleaner from the link I included above.

Run your original installer and let me know what happens. I didn't have any conflicts using this method.

I'll be close by...

OK...

I just did a quick test and installed the original Walter Sutton on top of the new Sutton in FSX. I ended up with both, which is what I would expect.

Then I hand deleted all of the files, leaving no trace of WA79.

I installed from the original installer into FSX...got a good install of the Walters you are looking for. So.. let's work your problem.

Hand delete:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\FTX_NA\FTX_AA_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\Versions\FTX_US_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\User Documents\WA79 User Guide

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\scenerylib_US_WA79

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\ORBX\Scripts\orbx_cpl_WA79

Optional you can run the registry cleaner from the link I included above.

Run your original installer and let me know what happens. I didn't have any conflicts using this method.

I'll be close by...

Sorted! :)  Thanks for your help Gordon, very much appreciated.

Archived