NZSI Patch 3 and 3rd party addons...?

Timmy74

Hi Guys,

Before I install Patch 3 for NZSI, I would like to know if 3rd party addons I have for NZSI will be fluffed up?  EG: Nelson, Wanaka, Hokitika, Timaru, Mount Cook and Te Anau??  I know there were some issues with airports after installing Patch 2.

Also what fixes have been done in patch 3?  Is it worth installing at all if there are going to be issues with other addons?

Kind regards,

Tim...

Check out my "deep south" picture post. Everything works just fine.

Cheers

Mallard

Thanks Mallard.  So 3rd party addons are fine but the FTX airports need to be re-installed.... Yes?

Also did you ever get Te Anau (from FSCreations) to work?  NZSI Patch 2 messed up that one for me.

Cheers,

Tim...

Hi Tim,

in order to prevent elevation issues with Queenstown and Milford Sound you should re-install these after patching NZ SI. Make sure that other addons are of a higher priority than the FTX scenery (with the scenery instertion tool), then everything should be just peachy.

I'm afraid I don't have Te Anau - can't help you there...

Cheers

Mallard

We stress again, always re-install the latest Orbxlibs if you have any issues. There have been reports of missing Orbxlibs objects in NZ post this SP due to some people installing freeware scenery where 'developers' have stolen Orbxlibs for their own use.

We stress again, always re-install the latest Orbxlibs if you have any issues. There have been reports of missing Orbxlibs objects in NZ post this SP due to some people installing freeware scenery where 'developers' have stolen Orbxlibs for their own use.

Thank you John for your insight.  My question was more to do with airport elevations after patches (I have never had any issue with Libs because I always re-install the latest Libs last), due to having issues after Patch 2.

It has been established that the Orbx airports need to be re-installed after the patch to stop elevation issues but the 3rd party addon's do not....? 

May I please ask what fixes have been done in this patch?

Regards,

Tim...

Hi Tim,

I've attached the manual for SP3 that lists all new components, primarily the night lighting and NZCH updates. Note though that SP3 is cumulative meaning it includes all updates from the previous two SPs as well. Thus, if you manually deactivated any NZSI files for third-party compatibility after installing SP1/SP2 then it's possible you'll need to do that again as SP3 might restore those files. I assume you've made notes of what files you deactivated so it should be straightforward to repeat if necessary.

Cheers, Holger

NZSI SP3 User Guide.zip

Hi Tim,

I've attached the manual for SP3 that lists all new components, primarily the night lighting and NZCH updates. Note though that SP3 is cumulative meaning it includes all updates from the previous two SPs as well. Thus, if you manually deactivated any NZSI files for third-party compatibility after installing SP1/SP2 then it's possible you'll need to do that again as SP3 might restore those files. I assume you've made notes of what files you deactivated so it should be straightforward to repeat if necessary.

Cheers, Holger

Hello Holger,

Thank you very much.  I will make some notes before installing the patch.

Kind regards,

Tim...

Archived