Orbx and Hard Drives

chewit

Hi

Can I have FSX on drive C; and Orbx Scenery on drive D; and if so how do I set them up.

I already have FSX on drive C; and my other phorographic scenery on drive D; and would like to do the same with my Orbx scenery and Airport/fields

Thanks in advance

Hi,

ORBX sceneries are embedded into FSX's main direcrory. The only way to have it outside is to do manually but that gets messed up if switching region in FTX Central. The best solution would uninstall FSX on drive C and reinstall it on D.

Of course you can move Orbx to another drive without the nightmare of reinstalling FSX. and FTX central works just fine.

Grab a program called junction link magic and the process is just a few mouse clicks

PM me if you go that route and I can send you instructions I have saved that makes it nice n easy

escrito en español

http://www.airalandalus.org/faq#t8n54486

Como muchos sabéis, hace poco he cambiado de equipo. Ahora cuento con una unidad SSD desde donde ejecuto Windows y FSX. Pero ese disco duro también lo comparto con mi sistema operativo Mac OS, de modo que no puedo darle a FSX tanto espacio como quisiera. A cambio, cuento con un disco duro "normal" en cuanto a velocidad pero muy generoso de espacio y donde tenía pensado instalar los extra que más espacio ocupan como FSGlobal.

Pero ahora me he encontrado que algunos extras, como los escenarios de "ORBX" o "Aerosoft" tiene la "sana" costumbre de instalarse siempre dentro del directorio de FSX y no te dejan instalarlos en otra unidad por lo que me he encontrado que rápidamente me he quedado sin espacio en el disco de Windows/FSX.

Mediante el siguiente y sencillo truco podrás enlazar cualquier carpeta de FSX (o de cualquier otro lado) con otra ubicación en otra partición o disco duro. Se trata de crear una especie de "Acceso directo"· para directorios, de tal modo que un directorio "virtual" redirige de forma absolutamente virtual y automática a cualquier otro lugar.

Es decir, FSX mira "dentro" del directorio c:\FSX\MyTraffic pero de forma automática el sistema redirige esa petición a e:\FSX_Extras\MyTraffic, por poner un ejemplo de un extra de 11 GB.

1. Busca "Símbolo de sistema" en Windows 7

2. Pincha en "Símbolo del sistema" con el botón derecho

3. Pincha en "Ejecutar como administrador símbolo sistema administrador

4.Ve manualmente al directorio donde tengas instalado FSX usando el siguientes comandos

cd "ruta donde tengas FSX"

EJEMPLO (en mi caso)

cd "c:\FSX"

El uso de las comillas no hace falta si el nombre del directorio no contiene espacios, pero si hay espacios u otros caracteres especiales sí que hace falta. Si el nombre del directorio es largo (por ejemplo "Arhivos de programa") no hace falta escribirlo todo a mano. Basta escribir las primeras letras (por ejemplo "c:\Arc") y luego pulsar la tecla "tabulador" y el resto del nombre aparecerá automáticamente.

4. Una vez en el directorio de FSX teclea el siguiente comando:

mklink /J "enlace" "nueva ubicación"

EJEMPLO 1:

mklink /J "ORBX" "D:\FSX\Escenarios\ORBX"

EJEMPLO 2:

mklink /J "MyTraffic" "E:\ExtrasFSX\MyTraffic"

EJEMPLO 3:

mklink /J "Aerosoft" "I:\Aerosoft"

Here it is is English, thanks to Bing Translate.
It's good advice.

written in Spanish

As many know, recently I changed equipment. Now I have an SSD drive from where I run Windows and FSX. But that hard disk also what I share with my operating system Mac OS, so I can't give him to FSX so much space as I would like. In return, I have a hard drive "normal" in terms of speed but very generous space and where planned to install the extra more space occupy as FSGlobal.

But now I found that some extras, like "ORBX" or "Aerosoft" scenarios has the "healthy" habit of always be installed within the FSX directory and they let you install them in another unit for what they've found that rapidly I was no space on the disk for Windows/FSX.

Using the following simple trick you can link any folder FSX (or any other side) with another location in another partition or hard disk. It is creating a kind of "Shortcut" · for directories, in such a way that a "virtual" directory redirects quite virtual and automatically to anywhere else.

I.e. FSX look 'inside' of the c:\FSX\MyTraffic directory but the system automatically redirects that request to e:\FSX_Extras\MyTraffic, to give an example of an extra 11 GB.

1 search "Command prompt" in Windows 7

2 click on "Command prompt" right
3. click on "run as administrator symbol system administrator

4.ve manually to the directory where you have installed FSX using the following commands

"path to where you have FSX" CD

EXAMPLE (in my case)

CD "c:\FSX"

The use of quotation marks is not needed if the directory name does not contain spaces, but if there are spaces or other special characters that you need. If the directory name is long (for example "program files") you don't have to write it by hand. Simply type the first few letters (e.g. "c:\Arc") and then press the "tab" key and the rest of the name will appear automatically.

4. once in the FSX directory type the following command:

Mklink /J "link" "new location"

EXAMPLE 1:

Mklink /J "ORBX" "D:\FSX\Escenarios\ORBX"

EXAMPLE 2:

Mklink /J "MyTraffic" "E:\ExtrasFSX\MyTraffic"

EXAMPLE 3:

Mklink /J "Aerosoft" "I:\Aerosoft"

Like This

Archived