Ketchikan Int (PAKT) SP1

hralphbuk

When starting a flight from this airport in FSX I am always placed on a runway never at a gate. The gates are showing down the slope in the scenery OK, but none show when selecting a start location.in FSX. Same goes for FS Commander after updating the data base manager.

Is there a fix for this please?

Finally bearing in mind my purchases where should I place it in the scenery library?

Thank you

Howard

Ketchikan SP1 by ORBX is a special way of making the airport to have the multi-level topography that exists in real life at the airport.  Because of the way the scenery was made there is no way the AI can use the sloping taxiways to and from the runway.  This is why AI A/C land and disappear never taxiing to the terminal and there are no selectable parking spots using ORBX's PAKT SP1 airport.

Hi Guys

Thanks

I have it sorted now, thanks to you all.

However in relation to all my Orbx scenery shown below  I would like to know where it's correct position should be in the scenery library. Hope someone can advise

Thanks for all you help

Howard

Hi Howard,

all the Orbx FTX airport and region entries automatically sort themselves into the correct order. Just make sure that both openLC and Vector entries are below (= at lower display priority) the FTX block.

Cheers, Holger

Hey Holger,

You say openLC and Vector must be below the FTX block. But in fact FTX Central sorts them the way it thinks is the best... upside down - based on display priority this is how FTX Central sorts them out everytime I validate scenery.cfg:

(based on display priority - reading scenery.cfg from below to top)

openLC

FTX areas and airports

Tongass X higher priority

Tongass X lower priority

Some stock FSX entries

ORBX Vector (between Base and Africa)

ORBX Vector AEC (between Default Terrain & Default Scenery)

Archived