Kokoda Track - so which bush strip is the hardest?

Ripcord

Been watching the Worst place to be a pilot series and the possibilities are endless, you could almost do a complete Suzi air style package, Tim and I are finishing off our latest project then looks like a major new package of these great strips, even more unique veggies huts autogen, the possibilities are so endless that it's distracting us from our current package, which is not easy as it is looking absolutely stunning. By the time the Porter is released this will blend perfectly, be excited guys.

Cheers

Ken

Been watching the Worst place to be a pilot series and the possibilities are endless, you could almost do a complete Suzi air style package, Tim and I are finishing off our latest project then looks like a major new package of these great strips, even more unique veggies huts autogen, the possibilities are so endless that it's distracting us from our current package, which is not easy as it is looking absolutely stunning. By the time the Porter is released this will blend perfectly, be excited guys.

Cheers

Ken

Great news Ken!

... and to give my answer to the title question: To me it is Milei, I did not yet manage to get in there slow enough...

fD28z.jpg

Great news Ken!

... and to give my answer to the title question: To me it is Milei, I did not yet manage to get in there slow enough...

fD28z.jpg

Might wanna try approaching fro the other direction, I think it's more uphill that way, great shot of when it all goes wrong :)

Might wanna try approaching fro the other direction, I think it's more uphill that way, great shot of when it all goes wrong :)

I would say it didn't ALL go wrong here -- any landing you can walk away from, as the old saying goes....

Hi guys, being from the UK I already have all UK & Ireland Gen X Photorealistic Scenery + all UK 2000 Airports!.    I also recently bought Orbx FTX PNW Scenery and while on their web site, I saw the AYPY Jackson's Intl Airport package and when I checked out the screenshots, I was hooked!     Bearing in mind I had just finished watching all the episodes of 'THE WORST PLACE TO BE A PILOT' which my lovely wife had recorded for me.  Those PC6 Porter drivers are REAL PILOTS with balls of steel!  Just one mistake away from death or serious injury.  It is so sad that those lads have to risk their necks like this just to try to get an Airline job!  Like one of the PC6 guys said..."We're all crazy - we have to be, but the adrenaline buzz is phenomenal" 

I know everyone is probably awaiting the release of Aerosoft's Pilatus PC6 Porter, but for the last year or so I have been using the FSD PC6 Porter and I have just managed to land & take off with it at KAGI - EFOGI - MILIE & MANARI. (This at MAUW too)  Well, there's no point going in with an empty plane is there?  I also landed at MILIE in the BN2 Islander, but it was too underpowered to climb above the terrain surrounding MILIE so I had to go back to MILIE and dump 3 of the 8 pax. LOL!!!   Up until now, my favourite & most challenging approaches have been LUKLA - The old KAI-TAK IGS 13 and the Circling approach to Rwy 08 at INNSBRUCK!   But I'm so immersed in this fantastic PNG scenery & airstrips that I think I'll be here for quite some time to come!

The PNG scenery looked OK with my FS2010 Global, but I bit the bullet and bought the FTX Global + Vector and WHAT A DIFFERENCE!  It's FANTASTIC!

BTW  How does one upload screenshots to forum?

Take care all

Louie

There it is Louie. Way to stick with it - thanks for sharing.

The Yeti Airlines shot makes me really yearn for an ORBX FTX rendition of Nepal. They did say they were working on some new project that would provide an entire country but I can not recall any other clues....

Hello Mark,

Thanks for letting me know, 'cause all I see at the moment is the text!  Also what size should I put in the box - I use 3840x1024 on 3

screens?  Also the tutorial says "click on the BBCode in your actual own window" There's a Direct link & a Thumbnail + link?

BTW I have all my screenshots saved in PHOTOBUCKET, but so far I haven't had any success in uploading to the forum!

I have to say that although the Aerosoft LUKLA is very good and challenging, I can imagine FTX going to town with it for the

better.  Well, so far I've managed to get in & out of KAGI-EFOGI-MANARI-MILIE & LAUNUMU although I have to admit some

landings were actually more of an arrival! LOL!   I use the Susi Air aircraft. The FSD PC6 and the Aerosoft Grand Caravan EX

plus of course the Twotter & BN2 Islander.  Although it's just a week since I purchased the AYPY package, I've hardly been away

from my flight sim since!  Well when you're retired you can do what you like can't you?

See ya

Louie

TWIN OTTER - UNSTICKING LAUNUMU  QFU 220                                      

shHDQ.jpg                                                                                            

Hi Guys, I think I'm getting the hang of it now!                          

TWIN OTTER - SHORT FINAL LAUNUMU (QFU 045) WIND 346/22                            

V9Qeu.jpg

Very nice shots mate.

As I've said before to the devellopers..this strip is not Launumu, it is Nadunamu at Naduri village.

"Launumu" is the small village up the hill from Efogi and is often called Efogi 2. It does not have a strip.

I have visited all three villages a few times over the years. Every village up there has a name, a tradition and is fiercely proud

of its history both in and out of contact with "whites". Personally, I find the "small unnamed villages along the track" comment on the

sales page slightly distasteful. I can imagine the stink if a similar comment was made about Australian or US towns.

In any case, I doubt think Andy Indiki would see the funny side of having his airstrip incorrectly named to Efogi 2

but I will ask him in April when I'm next there. ;)

Clipboard01_zpsc19d3425.jpg

Enough of our guys died in the area to at least warrant a correction, I would have thought.

respectfully

Darryl

Thank you for the input Darryl, you have also shared similar views with me in another thread to which I answered to the best of my abilities, if I have missed something please file a report in the payware support section.

Closing this as its drifting off topic

Archived